We are excited to have you living on-campus at UConn. Specific arrival day information will be posted closer to move-in weekend but our general move-in dates for students who are moving into housing at the Storrs and Stamford campuses are as follows:
- New First Year Student move-in for the Storrs Campus will take place on Friday, August 25, 2017
- New/Returning Transfer Students, Campus Change Students, and Continuing Storrs Students will be able to move in on Saturday, August 26, 2017 and Sunday, August 27, 2017.
- All new residents (all incoming, transfers, and continuing students) to the Stamford Campus will be able to move in on Saturday, August 26, 2017 and Sunday, August 27, 2017
Storrs students who wish to move in prior to Saturday, August 26th may submit a request for Early Arrival status by following the steps detailed on the Early Arrival page. Siblings of an incoming Storrs First Year Student will also need to complete an Early Arrival application in order to transition onto campus with with their sibling. Stamford housing is not available for early arrival status for the Fall 2017 semester.
Storrs Campus Traffic Updates Friday August 25th and Saturday August 26th Move in
In order to stay on top of changing traffic conditions and other important developments during move-in weekend, the University has a new text-based communication tool. Text UConnMove17 – it is not capitalization-sensitive, so upper or lower case will both work – to 888-777 to receive updates and notices if and when the need arises. Once move-in weekend is over, you will be automatically unsubscribed.Please note that this is only for traffic updates on the Storrs campus.
When You Arrive On Campus
1. Follow specific traffic directions on the website. Please do not use GPS. Due to traffic restrictions and staged check in areas for Hilltop, North and Northwest, it is important to follow your specific area instructions. All campus areas are listed below and have specific directions and check in plans.
2. Proceed to the check-in site for your hall or area and date/time of arrival.
3. Bring your UConn ID or photo ID and your student ID number (PeopleSoft number) with you. Residential Life will need this information to distribute keys and other check-in materials.
Room Changes – Begin September 11th http://reslife.uconn.edu/room-change-info/
For general arrival questions please email email@example.com