Facilities & Services
Welcome to Conference Housing at the University of Connecticut, where we meet your conference needs with professional service and personal attention. We have a wide variety of facilities that are sure to take care of all your housing needs. Our residence halls offer ample lounge space, meeting rooms, game rooms, laundry facilities as well as outdoor basketball and volleyball courts. Additionally, our staff is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to serve you. Working as a team with UConn's University Events and Conference Services and the Nathan Hale Inn, we are able to provide different levels of service to ensure the best service imaginable for your group! We look forward to serving you.
Hosting a Conference or Program at UConn
To begin planning your conference or program at UConn, contact University Events and Conference Services for availability.
Staying in the Residence Halls
As our guest, it is our pleasure to provide you with quality services that will make your stay more comfortable and enjoyable. Below you will find many of the amenities available to you.
- Access Card: During check-in, you will receive a room key which will give you access to your specific room and an access card which you will swipe at the main entrance to allow entry into the residence hall. Cards must be swiped with the magnetic stripe facing the lights on the actual reader. If you are having trouble with your card, please call/visit the Conference Housing Desk (860-486-2697; 6-2697 from campus phone). Residence halls are secured 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Internet: Each residence hall guest room has internet access for your use during your stay. Learn how to connect.
- Laundry: Each residence hall has on-site laundry facilities. There is no charge to use our laundry facilities.
- Linens: Linen packets are available for guests to purchase if not previously arranged through your conference organizer for a fee of $10/packet.
- Lock-Outs: Summer conference guests locked out of their room/building should contact the Conference Housing Desk at (860) 486-2697 (6-2697 from on-campus phone or call box). During the academic year, students should call The Front Desk at (860) 486-9000.
- Recreation Equipment Sign-Outs: Various sporting equipment can be signed out through the Conference Housing Desk (6-2697).
- Safety: Emergency "Blue Light Phones" are located throughout campus. These phones connect directly with the campus police. Escort services are provided by the university police to either walk or drive a guest to a location on campus.
UConn Fast Facts!
- Location: Storrs, CT 06269
- Enrollment: 23419
- Founded: 1881
- Campus Operator: (860) 486-2000
- Nickname: Huskies, UConn
- Colors: National Flag Blue and White
- Mascot: Jonathan Husky Dog
- Conferences: Big East, Hockey East, MAAC
- Affiliation: NCAA Division I
- President: Susan Herbst