Tips to Conserve Water
- Take shorter showers.
- Run dishwashers and washing machines with full loads.
- Use water only as needed when washing dishes, shaving, and brushing teeth.
- Raise the thermostat in air conditioned suites/apartments when no one will be in the space for several hours.
- Immediately report any leaky fixtures to Work Order Control – (860) 486-3113.
By reducing consumption during these dry weather conditions, you can help us reduce groundwater withdrawals and protect local streams and the aquatic life they support.
The University will continue to monitor conditions and will provide regular updates at http://www.facilities.uconn.edu/wtr-swr.html.
Report Leaks – Help UConn Save Water
A leaky faucet can waste 20 gallons or more per day. Here’s how to report a leak thru Work Order Control.
- Go to: Maintenance Requests/Work Orders.
- Log into the system using your NetID and password.
- Complete the online form with as much detail as possible.
- Click the “Submit” button to send your report.