Facilities & Services
The University and UConn Water System users are under a drought advisory and ask for your cooperation in helping to conserve water.
Tips to Conserve Water
- Take shorter showers.
- Run dishwashers and washing machines with full loads.
- Use water only as needed when washing dishes, shaving, and brushing teeth.
- Raise the thermostat in air conditioned suites/apartments when no one will be in the space for several hours.
- Immediately report any leaky fixtures to The Front Desk - (860) 486-9000.
By reducing consumption during these dry weather conditions, you can help us reduce groundwater withdrawals and protect local streams and the aquatic life they support.
The University will continue to monitor conditions and will provide regular updates at http://www.facilities.uconn.edu/wtr-swr.html.
Report Leaks - Help UConn Save Water
A leaky faucet can waste 20 gallons or more per day. Here's how to report a leak using the online Work Orders system.
- Go to: Report Maintenance Issues.
- Log into the system using your NetID and Password.
- Once you are logged in, go to the left menu and choose:
> Student Central
> Work Orders
- Your residential information should appear.
- Scroll down to the form at the bottom of the page.
- Select either Common Area Problems or Lavatory Problems from the drop-down menu.
- Select the option that best matches the issue you wish to report.
- Choose "Other" if none of the options match the issue you wish to report.
- Click the "Submit" button to send your report.
Facilities Online Support
Environmental Health and Safety
Updates & Announcements