Welcome to North Campus
New Haven, Fairfield, Litchfield, Tolland, Baldwin, McConaughy, Hurley, Middlesex, Windham, New London & Hartford
North Campus is one of the largest residential communities at the University of Connecticut with approximately 1,400 residents in this area. Besides convenience, residential living offers many educational opportunities. Informal educational opportunities are essential aspects of the total university experience and residence halls provide an important setting for this. Residence hall communities teach responsible citizenship and develop personal and social values.
North Campus features several study areas and all buildings have at least one lounge. During the academic year the dining halls turn into a study space from 7:45pm-12:00am (Sunday-Thursday). The McConaughy Multipurpose Room, located below the cafeteria, is also available for studying. Please be sure that the room is not reserved for another purpose.
The game room, located in Baldwin Hall, is open from 3:00pm-12:00am Sunday through Thursday and 3:00pm-7:00pm Friday and Saturday. The game room has pool, Ping-Pong, board games, foosball, and a large flat screen available.
Room Features & Hall Amenities
- Co-ed by Building (individual floors are single-sex)
- 11 buildings
- Room Dimensions: 11' x 14' (standard double room)
- Room Furnishings: Desk and chair, small bureau, wardrobe and a bed (1 per student)
- Beds: 80" x 36" (XL twin), loftable and bunkable
- Laundry: McConaughy - 1st Floor (Near Hall Director Office and Multi-Purpose Room)
- Mailroom: Russell Hall (Northwest), Rear of Building
- Dining: North Dining Hall
- Recreation: Game Room (located in Baldwin Hall), Basketball, Tennis, Ball Field, and Volleyball Court
North Campus Area Contacts
Office Location: McConaughy Hall – First Floor
Visit Residential Services to submit Maintenance Requests/Work Orders