Hours and Information
Our mailrooms are operated traditionally Monday through Friday from 2pm to 7pm. We are not a post office. To mail items out from the University, students can utilize the services at our local UPS store or our local post office.
Stamford Residence Hall Mailroom – Ground Floor
The Stamford Residence Hall mailroom services will not be available until the start of the semester, August 28, 2017. This said, we will not be able to accept packages until the start of the semester.
Properly Addressing Package
University Mail Services is utilizing the latest in mail sorting software and equipment to confirm students housing assignments, sort and process the incoming mail and packages. It is critical that the following address guidelines are adhered to in order for mail and packages to reach the intended student. Altering this layout will result in delay of delivery and possibly the rejection of the mail/package being processed.
Residence Area: Stamford Apartments
Correct Address Format
Students Full Name
900 Washington Boulevard Apartment #
Stamford, CT 06901
900 Washington Boulevard Apartment #100
Stamford, CT 06901
Mail and Package Processing
Letter mail and first class USPS packages are sorted in the afternoon and placed in mailboxes.
Packages arriving in the morning will be sorted in the afternoon and a package slip will be placed in the student’s mailbox asking that they come to the Hall Director office located on the ground floor to sign for their package. Please make sure to bring your University ID with you.
Packages over 40 pounds and/or over 4 feet in length will not be delivered to student mailrooms. These over-sized packages will not be accepted and will be returned to sender.
Do’s and Don’ts
- Use your student's full name as registered at UConn
- List their apartment number
- Double check addresses when ordering from an online vendor
- Delete old addresses on vendor websites
- Don't use student's nickname, abbreviated name or omit it altogether
- Don't allow vendors to add additional numbers onto our zip code
- Don't use the words UCONN or University of Connecticut in the address
- Don't utilize a mail service that requires a signature from a person over 21 years of age
Contact The Mail Manager
Phone: (203) 251-8582, Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
Please include contact information your tracking number when leaving a message.