Winter Recess Housing Information
2016 – 2017 Academic Year • Department of Residential Life • University of Connecticut
Whitney Hall, Garden Level • (860) 486-2926 • email@example.com • www.reslife.uconn.edu
All students who plan on staying on campus at any point during Winter Break, December 19, 2016-January 14, 2017 must fill out a Winter Break Housing Application. Students living in apartment areas, Nathan Hale Inn or Husky Village are required to fill out this application in order for Residential Life to have accurate records of all students who plan on being here at any point over break. Students living in these areas will not be charged to stay over break.
Students who are participating in Mid Year Moves must select December 19th as their move date and must reside in their Spring 2017 Assignment for Winter Break Housing. Billing will be based on your Spring 2017 Assignment.
Winter Recess Housing Application – Available November 7th – December 12th at www.reslife.uconn.edu/myhousing
- • All students who will need on-campus accommodations at any point during Winter Break (December 19th- January 14th) must submit the Winter Break Housing Application
- • When filling out the application please indicate the reason you are staying on campus. If the reason you are staying does not match one of the options please choose other.
Students Living in Traditional and Suite Areas:
Applications Received by December 12th – $500 Flat Fee
Requests Received after December 12th – $550 Flat Fee
Students Living in Apartment Areas, Nathan Hale Inn or Husky Village
- • Students living in apartment areas, Nathan Hale Inn or Husky Village are required to fill out
- this application in order for Residential Life to have accurate records of all students who plan
- on being here at any point over break. Students living in these areas will not be charged to
- stay over break.
Eligibility for Winter Recess Housing
Students can request to remain on-campus for the reasons listed below. Students on University
probation will not be permitted to remain on-campus. Students who wish to live on campus over Winter Break must have both a Fall 2016 and Spring 2017 Assignment.
- • Enrolled in Winter Intersession course
- • Working for University department (must provide proof of employment)
- • Academic internship (must provide proof of participation)
- • Affiliated with University team requiring accommodations during Winter Recess
Winter Recess Staffing & Policies
Students remaining on-campus during Winter Break will have limited access to Residential Life staff. Due to the holidays and reduced staffing, residents who remain on-campus during this time must contact Residential Services at (860) 486-9000 if they are locked out of their residence. Facilities related incidents that need immediate attention need to be reported to (860) 486-3113. All emergencies should be reported to the UConn Police Department at 911.
Students must adhere to all University policies during Winter Break. Please refer to the Housing Contract for information regarding specific policies. Students may be asked to leave housing if policies are violated. Remaining on campus during a time when classes are not in session is a privilege, and thus students are expected to uphold a high level of responsibility while staffing is limited.
Overnight guests will not be permitted during Winter Recess, due to limited staffing and specific billing policies.
Application & Cancelling Winter Recess Housing
The application will be available until December 12, 2016. Any student who does not submit an application will not have access to the residence halls during Winter Break. Any student who requests to cancel their Winter Break housing after 5:00pm, December 16, 2016, will be charged the full Winter Break housing fee. The Winter Break Housing Fee can not be appealed.
Winter Recess Dining Options
Students must contact Dining Services at (860) 486-3128 or visit www.dining.uconn.edu for more information about Winter Recess dining options.
Academic Internship/Employment Verification
Students who are participating in an academic internship or who are working on-campus during Winter Recess must provide proof of their employment/participation to Residential Life. An email from the employment or academic supervisor is sufficient.
Email with the following information.
- • Include student’s first/last name, 7 digit student ID number or NetID
- • State that student will be completing internship or is employed by department
- • Dates of internship/employment
If you have questions regarding Winter Recess housing, please call (860) 486-2926 or email
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your first/last name and 7 digit student ID number in your correspondence.