Fall 2019 Opening Information
We are excited to have you living on-campus at UConn. Specific arrival day information is posted below by campus area, but our general move-in dates for students who are moving into housing at the Storrs and Stamford campuses are as follows:
- New First Year Student move-in for the Storrs Campus will take place on Friday, August 23, 2019
- New/Returning Transfer Students, Campus Change Students, and Continuing Storrs Students will be able to move in on Saturday, August 24, 2019 and Sunday, August 25, 2019.
- All new residents (all incoming, transfers, and continuing students) to the Stamford Campus will be able to move in on Saturday, August 24, 2019
Storrs students who wish to move in prior to Saturday, August 24th may submit a request for Early Arrival status by following the steps detailed on the Early Arrival page. Siblings of an incoming Storrs First Year Student will also need to complete an Early Arrival application in order to transition onto campus with with their sibling.
When You Arrive On Campus
1. Follow specific traffic directions on the website. Please do not use GPS. Due to traffic restrictions and staged check in areas for Hilltop, North and Northwest, it is important to follow your specific area instructions. All campus areas are listed below and have specific directions and check in plans.
2. Proceed to the check-in site for your hall or area and date/time of arrival.
3. Bring your UConn ID or photo ID and your student ID number (PeopleSoft number) with you. Residential Life will need this information to distribute keys and other check-in materials.
Text "UConnMove19" to 888-777 to receive alerts and updates related to move-in day. Make sure that you are also following UConn's social media (@UConn) on Twitter and Instagram to get additional updates throughout move-in day weekend!
One Card Pick-Up Hours
Visit the One Card Office's Frequently Asked Questions page for more information about your new One Card and the hours that they are available in the field house for you to pick up your card! All active students will need to pick up their new One Card.
For general arrival questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org