Check In Dates and Times for Buckley/Shippee
Students with a new Spring 2020 assignment:
- Check in at the check-in location (Buckley Hall, Main Lobby for new Buckley residents and Shippee Hall, Main Lobby for new Shippee residents). Only students with a new Spring 2020 assignment will need to go to the check-in location.
- Students with a new Spring 2020 assignment will be able to move in on:
- Saturday, January 18, 2020 9:00am - 7:00pm
- Sunday, January 19, 2020 9:00am - 7:00pm
- Monday, January 20, 2020 1:009m - 5:00pm.
Students are not permitted to arrive before their scheduled time.
- After January 20: Make an appointment with your hall director. Look up Hall Director here.
For general arrival questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Students returning to their Fall 2019 assignment:
- Students who are returning to their Fall 2019 assignment will log into MyHousing to complete the self check-in process. Access Personal Preferences, select Spring 2020 and indicate that they are on campus. Returning students should complete the self check-in the day prior to arrival to campus so card access is activated to hall. Please follow instructions sent to University email sent on January 17, 2020. Card access to hall will be activated by 9:00 am if student completed self check-in the day prior to arrival.
There are many possible paths to get to campus. However, during move-in, thousands of vehicles are attempting to get to campus, and many roads on campus are one-way or blocked to help with traffic flow. We have mapped out the best path for you to take for each of our residential areas; this is a different set of directions than those that you have used to visit campus on prior occasions. Please disregard your GPS and take these routes instead whenever possible. Taking the routes that are mapped to specific areas of campus will alleviate vehicle congestion and get you to your destination sooner.
Buckley and Shippee - Directions from West of Campus (I-384 East)
*Note: If you are traveling from further west than East Hartford, take the route for I-384 East (see below). From I-84 West after Hartford, use the right 2 lanes to take exit 59 for I-384 E toward Providence.
Buckley and Shippee - Directions from West of Campus (I-84 East)
Buckley and Shippee - Directions from North/East of Campus (I-84 West)
Buckley and Shippee - Directions from East of Campus (Route 6 West)
*Note: If you are traveling westbound from Providence or other eastern points, take RI Route 6 instead of RI Route 101 (see here: https://goo.gl/maps/xpHfN2yqyJr)
Buckley and Shippee - Directions from South of Campus (I-95N, I-395, Route 32 North)
*Note: If traveling on I-95N, take I-395N and then State Route 32N.