ALL Residence Halls close on Saturday, November 21st at 5:00pm. We ask that you read and follow the posted signage in the residence halls and follow all social distancing guidelines. Some basic precautions to follow during move-out to protect against COVID19:
- To protect staff and occupants everyone must wear a mask or other cloth material that covers their mouth and nose at all times while in the residence halls.
- When possible, keep at least 6 feet of space between yourself and others.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after touching surfaces, such as door handles, stairwell railings, and elevator panels.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Limit 2 people per elevator ride at a time.
RESIDENTS MOVING OUT OF CURRENT HOUSING ASSIGNMENTS:
- Remove all personal belongings from the room. Return any University furniture to its proper and original location – this includes re-assembling disassembled furniture. If any room furniture is missing, students will be charged for the replacement cost.
- After all belongings are removed, go to your area’s designated key return location, complete a drop off key envelope and drop your keys in the key bin. No appointment is necessary.Failure to return keys will result in a lock change being billed to you.
- Then you must log into your MyHousing account and complete a self-checkout prior to leaving campus, or charges will result.
- Failure to check out through MyHousing will result in a forfeit of the privilege to contest any room damage charges.
RESIDENTS RETURNING TO THE SAME ROOM NEED TO ENSURE OF THE FOLLOWING WHEN LEAVING:
- Leave the room clean (all trash must be thrown out). Rooms left in a condition which poses a threat to health and safety standards will be followed up with. Failure to do so will result in University staff cleaning the room and the student being billed accordingly.
- DO NOT TURN OFF THE HEAT. Set the heater to prevent the pipes from freezing.
- It is recommended that you remove all valuables from your room.
- If you need to leave any valuables items in your room, it is recommended that they be placed on shelves or areas other than the floor. The University is not responsible for any personal belongings that are left in residence halls during recess periods.
- Unplug all electrical equipment. This includes personal refrigerators which must be unplugged, defrosted, cleaned, and perishable items removed. Residents with University provided refrigerators must remove all food but may leave it plugged in. Residential Life staff will be opening refrigerators to ensure compliance with this expectation.
- Fish tanks may be left plugged in.
- Windows must be closed and locked. It is recommended that you lower your window shades.
- Turn off lights.
- Lock your door as you leave.
- Turn in your keys to the key drop box for your area, locations available on our website.
Please note: If you are returning to your same room for Spring 2021 you still need to check out AND YOU STILL DO NEED to turn in your keys to the key drop location.
VACANCY IN THE ROOM/SUITE/APT:
All residents whose rooms have a vacancy need to ensure that the room is ready. This means a visibly clean and empty/open bed, desk, dresser, and closet space for each vacancy. Space in a shared bathroom or common room should also be made for an incoming suite/apartment mate.
*ALL ROOMS WILL BE ENTERED AND CHECKED BY RESIDENTIAL LIFE STAFF TO ENSURE COMPLIANCE WITH THE ABOVE GUIDELINES AND FIRE SAFETY REGULATIONS (which can be found in the housing contract).
Spring 2021 Residence Halls re-open between Friday, January 15, 2021 and Monday January 18th, 2021, you will be asked to sign up for an arrival time.
Classes begin Tuesday, January 19th, 2021
|Campus Area||Key Return Bin Location|
|Alumni||G Level Lounge of Watson Hall|
|Buckley||Outside of Graduate Office|
|Busby Suites||Busby Lobby near Hall Director Office|
|Charter Oak Apartments||Patio area outside of Charter Oak Community Center|
|East Campus||Outside Hall Director Office near the dining hall entrance|
|Garrigus Suites||Front lobby of Garrigus Suites|
|Hilltop Halls||Lobby by RA Bubble|
|Hilltop Apartments||Hilltop Apartments Community Center by Hall Director Office|
|McMahon||Outside Hall Director Office|
|North Campus||Outside of McConaughy Exterior Glass Doors|
|Northwest||Outside Hall Director Office Door|
|Northwood Apartments||Outside Hall Director Office|
|Shippee||Outside of HD Office Bubble|
|South Campus||Near RA Duty Bubble in Rome Commons|
|Towers||Outside of Lafayette Hall near Hall Director Office Door|
|Werth Tower||Main Lobby outside of Hall Director Office|
|West Campus||Outside Hall Director Office in Alsop B|