ALL Residence Halls close on Monday, December 19th at 12:00pm.
RESIDENTS MOVING OUT OF CURRENT HOUSING ASSIGNMENTS:
- Remove all personal belongings from the room. Return any University furniture to its proper and original location – this includes re-assembling disassembled furniture. If any room furniture is missing, students will be charged for the replacement cost.
- After all belongings are removed, go to your Hall Director’s Office or designated location between 10am – 10pm to check out. Check out options include:
- Standard Check-Out
- Residents will remove all items from their rooms, bring their key(s) to the hall office and have a staff member check their room with them prior to their departure.
- Express Check-Out
- Resident will remove all items from their rooms, bring their key(s) to the hall office, waive their right to a room inspection by hall staff, and leave from there.
- Standard Check-Out
- Students checking out of their assignment outside of office hours (10am-10pm) must return keys to the drop box located in a designated location in their residential community. All keys must be placed in an envelope provided on or around the bin with all fields filled in. When checking out outside of business hours you are not able to contest charges for damage to the room. We strongly recommend you record yourself returning your keys for your records.
RESIDENTS RETURNING TO THE SAME ROOM NEED TO ENSURE OF THE FOLLOWING WHEN LEAVING:
- Leave the room clean (all trash must be thrown out). Rooms left in a condition which poses a threat to health and safety standards will be followed up with. Failure to do so will result in University staff cleaning the room and the student being billed accordingly.
- DO NOT TURN OFF THE HEAT. Set the heater to prevent the pipes from freezing.
- Take valuables home as items left here are at your own risk. If you need to leave any items in your room, it is recommended that they be placed on shelves or areas other than the floor. The University is not responsible for any personal belongings that are left in residence halls during recess periods.
- Unplug all electrical equipment. This includes personal refrigerators which must be unplugged, defrosted, cleaned, and perishable items removed. Residents with University provided refrigerators must remove all food but may leave it plugged in. Residential Life staff will be opening refrigerators to ensure compliance with this expectation. Students in apartments with University provided large appliances (dishwasher, stove, washing machine, etc.) may leave those items plugged in.
- Fish tanks may be left plugged in.
- Windows must be closed and locked. It is recommended that you lower your window shades.
- Turn off lights.
- Lock your door as you leave.
- As a final step, you will login to your MyHousing and complete a self-Checkout to indicate you have left for break.
Please note: If you are returning to your same room for Spring 2023 you do NOT need to return your keys.
VACANCY IN THE ROOM/SUITE/APT:
All residents whose rooms have a vacancy need to ensure that the room is ready. This means a visibly clean and empty/open bed, desk, dresser, and closet space for each vacancy. Space in a shared bathroom or common room should also be made for an incoming suite/apartment mate.
*ALL ROOMS WILL BE ENTERED AND CHECKED BY RESIDENTIAL LIFE STAFF TO ENSURE COMPLIANCE WITH THE ABOVE GUIDELINES AND FIRE SAFETY REGULATIONS (which can be found in the housing contract).
Spring 2023 Residence Halls re-open January 15, 2023
Classes begin Tuesday, January 17th, 2023