Students who are approved for late stays and check out over the next few weeks should follow these guidelines:
RESIDENTS MOVING OUT OF CURRENT HOUSING ASSIGNMENTS:
- Remove all personal belongings from the room. Any items remaining may be discarded.
- Return any University furniture to its proper and original location – this includes re-assembling disassembled furniture. If any room furniture is missing, students will be charged for the replacement cost.
- After all belongings are removed, close and lock your room/suite/apartment door(s). Proceed to your area's Key Return Location (listed below) to complete a drop off key envelope and drop your keys in the key return bin. No appointment is necessary. Failure to return keys will result in a lock change being billed to you.
- Then you must log into your MyHousing account and complete a self-checkout prior to leaving campus, or charges will result.
- Failure to check out through MyHousing will result in a forfeit of the privilege to contest any room damage charges.
We ask that you read and follow the posted signage in the residence halls and follow all social distancing guidelines. Some basic precautions to follow during move-out to protect against COVID19:
- To protect staff and occupants everyone must wear a mask or other cloth material that covers their mouth and nose at all times while in the residence halls.
- When possible, keep at least 6 feet of space between yourself and others.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after touching surfaces, such as door handles, stairwell railings, and elevator panels.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Limit 2 people per elevator ride at a time.
*ALL ROOMS WILL BE ENTERED AND CHECKED BY RESIDENTIAL LIFE STAFF TO ENSURE COMPLIANCE WITH THE ABOVE GUIDELINES AND FIRE SAFETY REGULATIONS (which can be found in the housing contract).
Department of Residential Life
Key Return Locations by Area
|Campus Area||Key Return Bin Location|
|Alumni||Watson Hall Ground Lounge|
|Buckley||1st floor attached to the brick pillar outside of the Buckley RA office|
|Busby Suites||Locked to the pillar in the Busby lobby closest to the Hall Director Office|
|Charter Oak Apartments||Outside of Community Center on patio area facing Quad|
|East Campus||Outside Hall Director Office near the dining hall entrance/drinking fountain|
|Garrigus Suites||Front lobby of Garrigus Suites connected to main pillar|
|Hilltop Halls||Ellsworth Lobby by RA Bubble|
|Hilltop Apartments||Hilltop Apartments Community Center by Hall Director Office adjacent to the kitchen|
|McMahon||Outside Hall Director Office|
|North Campus||By white pillars outside in front of the McConaughy exterior glass doors|
|Northwest||Outside Hall Director Office Door|
|Northwood Apartments||Outside Hall Director Office attached to the staircase. Envelopes are located next to the HD Office door.|
|Shippee||1st floor attached to the staircase going to the laundry room|
|South Campus||Near RA Duty Bubble in Rome Commons|
|Towers||Outside of Lafayette Hall near Hall Director Office Door|
|Werth Tower||Main Lobby outside of Hall Director Office/Front Desk Bubble|
|West Campus||Alsop B - Interior: 1st floor, outside of the West HD Office door|