Environmental Health and Safety Information

Helpful Links

Maintenance Requests/Work Orders

Fire Safety Information

Lead Paint, Asbestos, and Mold

Report Leaks – Help Conserve Water!

UConn Division of Environmental Health & Safety

Claims Against the State

If you have suffered personal injury, property damage or other monetary loss which you think may have been caused by the University, you may wish to consider filing a claim with the State of Connecticut Office of the Claims Commissioner. The Claims Commissioner is charged by statute with hearing and determining all claims for money damages made against state agencies (with limited exceptions set forth in Chapter 53 of the General Statutes). Information about the duties of the Claims Commissioner and the process for filing a claim may be found on the Claims Commissioner’s webpage.

By posting this information on its website, the University is not providing legal advice. If you have any questions about your legal rights or legal processes, you should contact an attorney.