Fall 2019 Room Change & Trading Spaces Process
The Fall Semester has limited vacancies and many areas of campus are full. This room change process is intended for students that need a room change due to extenuating circumstances. Students requesting to move during this time should be willing to be flexible about what areas of campus they are looking to move to.
There will be two distinct processes for students to change rooms for the Fall 2019 semester
Room Change –The Basics
Apply September 9-October 4 in MyHousing
Any student who wishes to change rooms or trade must submit an application between September 9-October 4. All moves must be completed by Friday, October 11.
Room Change Request Reminders
- Vacancies are limited
- Single Room Requests: Room change offers will be prioritized by class standing and date of request, not by specific requests. Specific requests for single rooms will not be accepted.
- Requests from Pairs/Groups: Requests to move as a pair or group will not be accepted, multiple vacancies in the same room are not available.
- Requests by single students into spaces with multiple vacancies will not be accepted.
Room Change and Trading Spaces Reminders
Meningitis Vaccination Requirement
Students who are non-compliant with the meningitis vaccination requirement are not eligible for this process.
Room Rate/Meal Plan Changes
Room rate or meal plan changes can occur. Be aware that adjustments may be made to your fee bill depending on the room type you are moving into or out of.
Students can only move after approval has been given by a Residential Life Staff member.
Additionally, all procedures must be followed and all paperwork completed by students who are approved to move. Once approved to move, students must complete the entire room change process within the time frame specified on the Room Change Confirmation letter.
Special Interest Areas
1. There are special interest housing areas throughout campus. Students requesting these areas must meet programmatic requirements.
2. Students cannot move into or out of Husky Village during this room change process.
3. RA's cannot request a room change during this process.
Trading Spaces Process (Swap Rooms with Another Student)
Email firstname.lastname@example.org September 9 - October 4.
Both students who wish to trade spaces must email email@example.com with the following information:
- 1. Name
- 2. Student Number
- 3. Name of Person you are trading with
- 4. Student Number of Person you are trading with
- 5. Room you wish to move into
Looking for Someone to Swap With?
Check out the Residential Life Roommate Page on Facebook if you are looking for somebody to swap with.
You will be Contacted
A Residential Life staff member will contact trading spaces pairs once both residents have submitted a trading spaces request. Students can trade only AFTER approval has been given by a Residential Life staff member. All procedures must be followed by the swapping students. Students can not request to trade spaces into a single from other room types.
Specific Room Requests
Know of a room that has an opening? Make sure that you include that information on your room change application and Residential Life will see if the room is available.
Graduate Students–September 9 – October 4
Graduate students can email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about room change opportunities. Include your full name and 7 digit student ID number or NetID in your correspondence.
Don't want to Move? Don't submit an application!
If you don't want to change your assignment, do not submit an application in MyHousing! Only students who submit a room change/trading spaces application before the deadline will be considered to change rooms.
Questions after reading this information can be sent to email@example.com. Please include your first/last name and 7 digit student ID number or NetID in your correspondence.