The Spring 2021 Housing Application is available in MyHousing from October 5 until the priority deadline of November 6, 2020 to participate in the room selection process. Students who are not currently living on campus for the fall 2020 semester must fill out both the form inside of MyHousing and the Spring 2021 Housing Appeal Request Form to share additional information about why they need to live on campus for the spring semester.
Need Help? Live Chat with Professional Staff!
If you need or help of have questions look for the following icon on the Storrs Housing Selection Central page to chat online with a professional staff member:
Staff will be available to help during the following times (all times listed below are in Eastern Timezone):
Week of November 9
|Thursday, November 12||8:30am - 4:30pm|
|Friday, November 13||8:30am - 4:30pm|
Week of November 16
|Monday, November 16||8:30am - 4:30pm|
|Tuesday, November 17||8:30am - 4:30pm|
Questions about Housing Selection?
If you have a question about housing selection during a time that the live chat is not available, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so that professional staff can assist you with your questions.
Spring 2021 Housing Confirmation Form available in MyHousing
Spring 2021 Housing Confirmation Form Priority deadline
Room Selection times available in MyHousing
Room Selection begins in MyHousing
Selection Success Tips
- Remember that you only get ONE PICK during this process--whatever room you select is your assignment until the spring room change process begins. Please make sure that you are fully satisfied with your selection BEFORE hitting "submit".
- We encourage students to have multiple contingency plans when it comes to selection, as we cannot guarantee that a specific room type will be available for you to select into.
- Before your selection time begins, you can still go into the system and view available spaces so that you have a better feel for what spaces you can choose when it is your turn!
- If you cannot pick during your turn, please review the options available so that our office can best assist you.
- Students who are approved to live on campus for the spring semester and are participating in room selection can submit roommate requests for spring 2021. Please remember the following:
- Students can mutually match to form a group of up to 4 total students.
- All students must be approved to live on campus in order to show up in the roommate pairing system.
- If a student signs up to remain in their same room, they will not be eligible for roommate pairing.
- In order to show up in the roommate pairing system, approved students must make their roommate profile public by going to their MyHousing and going to Personal Information > Roommate Profile.
- If your group is not able to see any spaces in MyHousing once room selection is underway, this means that we no longer have any spaces that can accommodate your entire group. You will need to reduce your group size until you are able to select housing and should make back up plans so that everyone is in agreement for what will happen if you cannot pick into housing as your full group.
- We cannot guarantee that every roommate group will be able to select into housing together due to the reduced density in the halls and the potential for students to remain in their same room.
Selection Times and Class Standing
Current class standing determines the order in which students select a room. Seniors select first, followed by juniors, then sophomores, and then freshmen. Within class standing, students select rooms based on the number of credits earned. If more than one student has the same number of credits, students select in random order. Class standing by credits is as follows:
- Seniors - 86+ credits
- Juniors - 54-85 credits
- Sophomores - 24-53 credits
- Freshmen - 0-23 credits
Class standing is determined by the number of earned credits at the start of the Fall 2020 semester (recorded by the Registrar).
Fall Charter Oak Apartment residents and Woodhouse building residents are a priority group that will select first before all class standing groups, as these residents are being displaced and cannot live in Charter Oak Apartments or Woodhouse for the spring semester.
Students Assigned but not participating in Selection
Students who are placed in assignments prior to or during selection include:
- Students approved for housing who requested to stay in their same room for the spring 2021 semester on their housing confirmation form
- Fall Charter Oak Apartment Residents and Woodhouse building residents cannot remain in their same room for the spring semester and will be part of a priority group that will select first before all class standing groups
- Resident Assistants
- Students with approved residential accommodations through the Center for Students with Disabilities
- Students in special interest housing
- Veteran student community
- Gender Inclusive housing
- Learning Communities
Students who are placed/identified for these housing options in advance of selection are not eligible to participate in the selection processes and will not receive a pick time.
Finding your Pick Time
Housing selection times (pick times) for the general process and for the room selection process will be available November 11, 2020 in MyHousing. Class standing is determined by the number of earned credits at the start of the Fall 2020 semester (recorded by the Registrar).
Unavailable during your Pick Time?
Students who are unable to go online at their scheduled time have two options:
- Option 1: Enter MyHousing at a later time during your selection period to make your selection, or
- Option 2: Request a proxy to enter housing selection at your scheduled time and select a space for you. To request a proxy, email email@example.com at least 48 hours prior to your selection time asking for Residential Life staff to serve as your proxy. The email must include the following:
- Email Subject: Proxy Request
- Full name
- Student ID Number (PeopleSoft number) or NetID
- Selection date/time
- Rank ordered list of at least four halls/areas or room types you would hope to select. A staff member will enter the housing selection at your scheduled time to pick a room on your behalf.
What if I’m not on campus during the selection process?
If you are participating in an Off-Campus Program or currently not on campus, you can still apply for housing and participate in a room selection process, as all of our selection processes take place in an online format. Please note that we run all processes in the Eastern Timezone.
If you are in an area with unreliable internet or not available during your selection time, please refer to our information above for students who cannot select housing during their pick time for options.
Residential Life can only verify the accuracy of information on our own website and materials. Information obtained elsewhere may not be accurate.
Questions? Contact Us!
Monday - Friday
8:00am – 5:00pm