The Spring 2022 Housing Application is available in MyHousing from October 4 until the priority deadline of November 19, 2021 to participate in the room selection process. Students who are living on campus for Fall 2021 do not need to apply for spring housing, as your housing contract is for the full academic year (Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 semesters).
Spring 2022 Housing Application available in MyHousing
Spring 2022 Housing Application Priority deadline
December 9 - 10
Room Selection occurs in MyHousing
Selection Success Tips
- Remember that you only get ONE PICK during this process--whatever room you select is your assignment until the spring room change process begins. Please make sure that you are fully satisfied with your selection BEFORE hitting "submit".
- We encourage students to have multiple contingency plans when it comes to selection, as we cannot guarantee that a specific room type will be available for you to select into.
- Before your selection time begins, you can still go into the system and view available spaces so that you have a better feel for what spaces you can choose when it is your turn!
- If you cannot pick during your turn, please review the options available so that our office can best assist you.
Unfortunately, roommates cannot be pulled-in through this process. A student can only choose an assignment for themselves. Residential Life suggests that students who wish to live together try to select any open spaces after all members in the group are eligible to pick housing. MyHousing will show how many open spaces are available in each room to help students determine if there is only one space (indicating that there is one vacancy in the room) or if multiple spaces are available in a room.
Selection Times and Class Standing
Current class standing determines the order in which students select a room. Seniors select first, followed by juniors, then sophomores, and then freshmen. Within class standing, students select rooms based on the number of credits earned. If more than one student has the same number of credits, students select in random order. Class standing by credits is as follows:
- Seniors - 86+ credits
- Juniors - 54-85 credits
- Sophomores - 24-53 credits
- Freshmen - 0-23 credits
Class standing is determined by the number of earned credits at the start of the Fall 2021 semester (recorded by the Registrar).
Students Assigned but not participating in Selection
Students who are placed in assignments prior to or during selection include:
- Newly admitted freshmen or transfer students who will attend UConn starting in January 2022
- Assignments for these students will be posted in early January inside of MyHousing and an email notification will be sent.
- Resident Assistants
- Students with approved residential accommodations through the Center for Students with Disabilities
- Students in special interest housing
- Veteran student community
- Gender Inclusive housing
- Learning Communities
Students who are placed/identified for these housing options in advance of selection are not eligible to participate in the selection processes and will not receive a pick time.
Finding your Pick Time
Housing selection times (pick times) for the general process and for the room selection process will be available in MyHousing. Class standing is determined by the number of earned credits at the start of the Fall 2021 semester (recorded by the Registrar).
Unavailable during your Pick Time?
Students who are unable to go online at their scheduled time have two options:
- Option 1: Enter MyHousing at a later time during your selection period to make your selection, or
- Option 2: Request a proxy to enter housing selection at your scheduled time and select a space for you. To request a proxy, email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 48 hours prior to your selection time asking for Residential Life staff to serve as your proxy. The email must include the following:
- Email Subject: Proxy Request
- Full name
- Student ID Number (PeopleSoft number) or NetID
- Selection date/time
- Rank ordered list of at least four halls/areas or room types you would hope to select. A staff member will enter the housing selection at your scheduled time to pick a room on your behalf.
What if I’m not on campus during the selection process?
If you are participating in an Off-Campus Program or currently not on campus, you can still apply for housing and participate in a room selection process, as all of our selection processes take place in an online format. Please note that we run all processes in the Eastern Timezone.
If you are in an area with unreliable internet or not available during your selection time, please refer to our information above for students who cannot select housing during their pick time for options.
If you need or help of have questions look for the following icon on the Storrs Housing Selection Central page to chat online with a professional staff member:
Staff will be available to help during the following times (all times listed below are in Eastern Timezone):
Spring 2022 Selection
|Thursday, December 9||9:00am - 2:00pm|
|Friday, December 10||10:00am - 12:00pm|
Questions about Housing Selection?
If you have a question about housing selection during a time that the live chat is not available, please email email@example.com so that professional staff can assist you with your questions.
Residential Life can only verify the accuracy of information on our own website and materials. Information obtained elsewhere may not be accurate.
Questions? Contact Us!
Monday - Friday
8:00am – 5:00pm