Information regarding Fall 2021 is currently being finalized and more information will be available on this page in February 2021.
The 2021-2022 Current Student Housing Application is available in MyHousing from January 1, 2021 until the deadline of January 31, 2021 to participate in the spring semester room selection processes. Students who apply after the January 31 deadline will be on the waiting list for housing.
Selection Success Tips
- Remember that you only get ONE PICK during this process--whatever room you select is your assignment until the summer room change process begins. Please make sure that you have your roommate group finalized and that you are fully satisfied with your selection BEFORE hitting "submit".
- Follow us on Twitter (@UConnResLife), Instagram (@uconnreslife) or like us on Facebook for selection updates and tips as we prepare for selection!
- We encourage students to have multiple contingency plans when it comes to selection, as we cannot guarantee that a specific room type will be available for you or your roommate group to select into.
- Before your selection time begins, you can still go into the system and view available spaces so that you have a better feel for what spaces you can choose when it is your turn!
- If you cannot pick during your turn, please review the options available so that our office can best assist you.
Want to live with an Incoming Student?
Continuing students will have the opportunity to request to live with a specific incoming student (first year and new transfer students) for Fall 2021 during the summer. Continuing students should still select housing during their selection process, but must be willing to change assignments during the summer if our staff is not able to place an incoming student in your selected room.
Don’t Have a Roommate?
Students do not need a roommate to select a space on-campus, but if you would like to connect with other students looking for a roommate, visit UConn's ResLife Roommate Page on Facebook.
You can also use the Roommate Search function in MyHousing to search for a compatible roommate during the roommate pairing period in March (You can view the Roommate Pairing tutorial above for more details about this feature!).
Roommate Pairing Troubleshooting
Make sure that your MyHousing profile is set to show your information if you would like to pair with your friends! Students who have their profiles set to "Do NOT display me" will not show up in any roommate request searches. You can decide if you would like all of your application answers to be visible by others using the roommate search fields or if you only want your name.
To update your MyHousing profile:
- Login to MyHousing
- Click "Personal Information" on the top bar
- Click "Roommate Profile"
- Update the Profile Privacy dropdown to your preferred privacy level.
- Click the "Update Roommate Profile" button to save your preferences
If you search for a specific person and the system says that there are no search results, it could mean that your friend does not have their profile set to display information or that they are not in the same room selection process with you. Please encourage them to log into their MyHousing account to double check their information. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional assistance.
When using Advanced Roommate Pairing, we find that it works best for students to only pick one or two questions from the list of options. Please make sure that you only choose one answer from each category at a time. The fewer options that you start with, the more likely that you will have more potential roommates to consider!
Selection Times and Class Standing
Current class standing determines the order in which students select a room. Seniors select first, followed by juniors, then sophomores, and then freshmen. Within class standing, students select rooms based on the number of credits earned. If more than one student has the same number of credits, students select in random order. Class standing by credits is as follows:
- Seniors - 86+ credits
- Juniors - 54-85 credits
- Sophomores - 24-53 credits
- Freshmen - 0-23 credits
Class standing is determined by the number of earned credits at the start of the Spring 2021 semester (recorded by the Registrar).
Priority in Housing Selection
University Scholars and the incoming Residence Hall Association (RHA) Executive Board receive priority in housing selection based on their academic status/ contributions to our residential communities. University Scholars priority has been given for over 18 years – RHA priority has been given the last 10 years.
Housing Selection Notice
Housing Selection Notice:
As we plan for the fall semester we are being thoughtful and cautious preparing for the health and safety needs of resident students. We anticipate the need to isolate students who become ill and unable to return home. To this end we have held some spaces out of housing selection. If these spaces are not needed in the fall they will be available through the fall room change process.
I am admitted to UConn for Fall 2021, how do I select housing?
Congratulations on your acceptance!
All new UConn students will be placed by our office during the summer and we will notify all students of their housing assignments in early August. The new student housing application is open for new UConn students to apply for housing. New students will also be able to pair up during a separate process Summer 2021.
I’m selecting Stamford campus housing–where can I learn more about that process?
Stamford has their own Stamford Housing Selection Central with information specifically related to the Stamford campus housing selection process.
2021-2022 Housing Application available in MyHousing
2021-2022 Housing Application priority deadline
More information about Fall 2021 Selection will be available
Campus Change Application Deadline
Finding your Pick Time
Housing selection times (pick times) for the selection process will be available in MyHousing. Class standing is determined by the number of earned credits at the start of the Spring 2021 semester (recorded by the Registrar).
Unavailable during your Pick Time?
Students who are unable to go online at their scheduled time have two options:
- Option 1: Enter MyHousing at a later time during your selection period to make your selection, or
- Option 2: Request a proxy to enter housing selection at your scheduled time and select a space for you. To request a proxy, email email@example.com at least 48 hours prior to your selection time asking for Residential Life staff to serve as your proxy. The email must include the following:
- Email Subject: Proxy Request
- Full name
- Student ID Number (PeopleSoft number) or NetID
- Selection date/time
- Rank ordered list of at least four halls/areas or room types you would hope to select. A staff member will enter the housing selection at your scheduled time to pick a room on your behalf.
What if I’m not on campus during the selection process?
If you are currently not on campus, you can still apply for housing and participate in a room selection process, as all of our selection processes take place in an online format. Please note that we run all processes in the Eastern Timezone.
If you are in an area with unreliable internet or not available during your selection time, please refer to our information above for students who cannot select housing during their pick time for options.
Learning Community Selection Reminders
- Students can only match with roommates who are accepted into the same Learning Community.
- Rooms in Learning Community Selections are designated for continuing students and are set per our collaboration with First Year Programs and how the Learning Community directors would like the floor(s) structured.
- Remember: Once students agree to be a member of a Learning Community, they will receive a selection time only for that Learning Community.
- This means that students who participate in Learning Community selection will not have the option to participate in the general room selection process or to select housing with students who are not in their Learning Community.
Residential Life can only verify the accuracy of information on our own website and materials. Information obtained elsewhere may not be accurate.
Questions? Contact Us!
Monday - Friday
8:00am – 5:00pm
Questions about Housing Selection?
If you have a question about housing selection during a time that the live chat is not available, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so that professional staff can assist you with your questions.