The 2022-2023 Current Student Housing Application is available in MyHousing from January 1, 2022 until the deadline of February 11, 2022 to participate in the spring semester room selection processes. Students who apply after the February 11 deadline will be on the waiting list for housing.
Important Reminder about 2022-2023 Housing Selection
Students must be fully up to date with all University required vaccines and boosters in order to participate in the housing selection process. This status will impact students’ ability to live on campus and could impact the ability to participate in housing selection. If you are impacted, you will receive notifications via email from Residential Life.
Selection Success Tips
- Remember that you only get ONE PICK during this process--whatever room you select is your assignment until the summer room change process begins. Please make sure that you have your roommate group finalized and that you are fully satisfied with your selection BEFORE hitting "submit".
- Follow us on Twitter (@UConnResLife), Instagram (@uconnreslife) or like us on Facebook for selection updates and tips as we prepare for selection!
- We encourage students to have multiple contingency plans when it comes to selection, as we cannot guarantee that a specific room type will be available for you or your roommate group to select into.
- Before your selection time begins, you can still go into the system and view available spaces so that you have a better feel for what spaces you can choose when it is your turn!
- If you cannot pick during your turn, please review the options available so that our office can best assist you.
Want to live with an Incoming Student?
Continuing students will have the opportunity to request to live with a specific incoming student (first year and new transfer students) for Fall during the month of June. Continuing students should still select housing during their selection process, but must be willing to change assignments during the summer if our staff is not able to place an incoming student in your selected room.
Students are not able to hold/reserve a space, dissuade any students from selecting into a room, or pressure a current student to move out of a room in order to make space for a newly admitted student.
Don’t Have a Roommate?
Students do not need a roommate to select a space on-campus, but if you would like to connect with other students looking for a roommate, visit UConn's ResLife Roommate Page on Facebook.
You can also use the Roommate Search function in MyHousing to search for a compatible roommate during the roommate pairing period in March (You can view the Roommate Pairing tutorial above for more details about this feature!).
Roommate Pairing Troubleshooting
Make sure that your MyHousing profile is set to show your information if you would like to pair with your friends! Students who have their profiles set to "Do NOT display me" will not show up in any roommate request searches. You can decide if you would like all of your application answers to be visible by others using the roommate search fields or if you only want your name.
To update your MyHousing profile:
- Login to MyHousing
- Click "Personal Information" on the top bar
- Click "Roommate Profile"
- Update the Profile Privacy dropdown to your preferred privacy level.
- Click the "Update Roommate Profile" button to save your preferences
If you search for a specific person and the system says that there are no search results, it could mean that your friend does not have their profile set to display information or that they are not in the same room selection process with you. Please encourage them to log into their MyHousing account to double check their information. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com for additional assistance.
When using Advanced Roommate Pairing, we find that it works best for students to only pick one or two questions from the list of options. Please make sure that you only choose one answer from each category at a time. The fewer options that you start with, the more likely that you will have more potential roommates to consider!
Selection Times and Class Standing
Current class standing determines the order in which students select a room. Seniors select first, followed by juniors, then sophomores, and then freshmen. Within class standing, students select rooms based on the number of credits earned. If more than one student has the same number of credits, students select in random order. Class standing by credits is as follows:
- Seniors - 86+ credits
- Juniors - 54-85 credits
- Sophomores - 24-53 credits
- Freshmen - 0-23 credits
Class standing is determined by the number of earned credits at the start of the Spring 2022 semester (recorded by the Registrar).
Priority in Housing Selection
University Scholars and the incoming Residence Hall Association (RHA) Executive Board receive priority in housing selection based on their academic status/ contributions to our residential communities. University Scholars priority has been given for over 19 years – RHA priority has been given the last 11 years.
I am admitted to UConn for Fall 2022, how do I select housing?
Congratulations on your acceptance!
All new UConn students will be placed by our office during the summer and we will notify all students of their housing assignments in early August. The new student housing application is open for new UConn students to apply for housing. New students will also be able to pair up during a separate process Summer 2022.
I’m selecting Stamford campus housing–where can I learn more about that process?
Stamford has their own Stamford Housing Selection Central with information specifically related to the Stamford campus housing selection process.
2022-2023 Housing Application available in MyHousing
2022-2023 Housing Application priority deadline
Campus Change Application Deadline
Campus Change Approval Deadline
Housing selection times visible in MyHousing for all processes
Roommate Pairing opens in MyHousing for all processes
April 4 - 5
Upper Division Honors Housing Selection
Honors to Opportunities (H2O) Housing Selection
CSD Single Room Selection
April 7 - 8
Learning Community Housing Selections
April 11 - 29
General Room Selection (Storrs campus)
Phase 2 Room Selection Times Available in MyHousing (Storrs campus)
Roommate Pairing for students participating in Phase 2 opens
Summer Room Change Application available in MyHousing
May 19 - 20
Phase 2 Room Selection Process Occurs in MyHousing (Storrs campus)
Finding your Pick Time
Housing selection times (pick times) for the selection process will be available in MyHousing. Class standing is determined by the number of earned credits at the start of the Spring 2022 semester (recorded by the Registrar).
Unavailable during your Pick Time?
Students who are unable to go online at their scheduled time have two options:
- Option 1: Enter MyHousing at a later time during your selection period to make your selection, or
- Option 2: Request a proxy to enter housing selection at your scheduled time and select a space for you. To request a proxy, email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 48 hours prior to your selection time asking for Residential Life staff to serve as your proxy. The email must include the following:
- Email Subject: Proxy Request
- Full name
- Student ID Number (PeopleSoft number) or NetID
- Selection date/time
- Rank ordered list of at least four halls/areas or room types you would hope to select. A staff member will enter the housing selection at your scheduled time to pick a room on your behalf.
What if I’m not on campus during the selection process?
If you are currently not on campus, you can still apply for housing and participate in a room selection process, as all of our selection processes take place in an online format. Please note that we run all processes in the Eastern Timezone.
If you are in an area with unreliable internet or not available during your selection time, please refer to our information above for students who cannot select housing during their pick time for options.
We have a few solutions to try to help you connect with our Housing Services team and get your questions answered! Please remember that you can also email email@example.com or call (860) 486-2926.
Staff work during the hours of 8:30am - 4:30pm (ET) on Monday - Friday each week.
Live Chat Option
We have a live chat that will be available on the following schedule for students to reach out to a Housing Services staff member and can help troubleshoot concerns or guide you on the process. When active, an icon will be available on the bottom right corner of this page and once you start chatting, a staff member will be with you momentarily.
|Day||Live Chat Hours|
|Monday, April 11||8:30am - 4:30pm|
|Wednesday, April 13||8:30am - 4:30pm|
|Tuesday, April 19||8:30am - 4:30pm|
|Monday, April 25||8:30am - 4:30pm|
Learning Community Selection Reminders
- Students can only match with roommates who are accepted into the same Learning Community.
- Rooms in Learning Community Selections are designated for continuing students and are set per our collaboration with First Year Programs and how the Learning Community directors would like the floor(s) structured.
- Remember: Once students agree to be a member of a Learning Community, they will receive a selection time only for that Learning Community.
- This means that students who participate in Learning Community selection will not have the option to participate in the general room selection process or to select housing with students who are not in their Learning Community.
Students with CSD Housing Accommodations
Students approved to receive housing accommodations prior to March 11, 2022 that are guarantee housing will have the opportunity to indicate how they prefer to have their accommodation fulfilled. Students approved March 11, 2022 and after will go through general selection. If they are unable to select a space that meets their needs, Residential Life will work with them after selection to fulfill their accommodation.
Students that register with CSD and request a single room accommodation must provide a self-report, submit supporting documentation and engage in the interactive process with the CSD. If they are approved they are able to participate in the CSD Single Room Selection process.
Singles available in the CSD Single Room Selection process will only include singles in Traditional Residence Halls. Singles in Werth Tower, Suites and Apartments will not be included in this process.
If a student has a single room accommodation approved prior to March 11, 2022 and are guaranteed housing they may participate in the CSD Single Room Selection or go through General Selection.
If a student has an apartment accommodation approved prior to March 11, 2022 and are guaranteed housing they may participate in General Housing Selection with a priority selection time. Students will have the opportunity to indicate the roommate they wish to live with by being "mutually matched" in their MyHousing account. It is important to review the housing selection process detailed on this page.
If a student has multiple accommodations approved prior to March 11, 2022 and are guaranteed housing they may agree to be assigned by Residential Life and have the opportunity to indicate 3 areas of preference. The name of their preferred roommate will need to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 11, 2022.
Students with accommodations not in the above categories will participate in General Housing Selection and will receive a selection time. It is important to review the housing selection process to learn more about being "mutually matched" in their MyHousing account. Floor plans for each residence hall can be found at: https://reslife.uconn.edu/floor-plans/.
All students with approved housing accommodations and guaranteed housing will receive notification of which process they will have the opportunity to engage in as well as specific instructions to follow.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Students planning to study abroad for Fall 2022 and return to campus for Spring 2023
Students who are planning to study abroad for Fall 2022 but plan to return to campus for Spring 2023 should still complete the Fall 2022 housing application by the deadline of February 11, 2022 and go through the room selection process April 2022. Once your study abroad plan is approved, you will be able to cancel Fall 2022 housing without cancellation fees before August 1, 2022 and be guaranteed Spring 2023 housing as long as you continue to meet all application deadlines for spring housing.
We advise students not to cancel your Fall 2022 housing until you are 100% committed to your study abroad program.
- The Spring 2023 housing application will open in the Fall 2022 semester for students to apply for Spring 2023 housing.
UCAELI and Incoming Exchange Students
- As an incoming UCAELI student for fall 2022, if you apply for housing by July 1, 2022 you will be able to select your own housing assignment in an online housing selection in July. If you apply for housing after July 1, 2022 you will be placed into housing by staff over the summer and will receive your assignment the first week in August.
Incoming Exchange students:
- As an incoming Exchange student for fall 2022, if you apply for housing by July 1, 2022 you will be able to select your own housing assignment in an online housing selection in July. If you apply for housing after July 1, 2022 you will be placed into housing by staff over the summer and will receive your assignment the first week in August.
Students Assigned but not Participating in Housing Selection
Students who are placed in assignments prior to or during selection include:
- Resident Assistants
- Husky Village residents
- Please remember that Husky Village residents must abide by both the 2022-2023 Housing Contract and the Husky Village Contract.
- Some students with approved residential accommodations through the Center for Students with Disabilities
- Students in special interest housing
- Veteran student community
- Gender Inclusive housing
Students who are placed/identified for these housing options in advance of selection are not eligible to participate in the housing selection processes and will not receive a pick time.
Honors Housing Selection Reminders
New for this year, Honors students will need to decide in advance of selection which housing selection process they would like to apply for and must indicate their preference on the housing application by February 11, 2022. This updated process will still allow Honors students the ability to select a space in Honors housing with an Honors student or to live with a non-Honors student outside of Honors housing. It will also help Residential Life and the Honors program better plan for the upcoming academic year. In years past, when Honors students had both an Honors pick time and a general selection pick time, it was more difficult to anticipate how many Honors spaces would be needed.
The updated process allows for the Honors process to align more closely with the Learning Community processes. Students who opt into Honor housing will be asked to complete an acceptance form to agree to live in Honors housing and participate in those processes. This agreement will be binding until the summer room change, at which time a student in Honors housing could request to move into general housing on a space-available basis. Students who initially opt for general housing can also request to be assigned into Honors housing during the summer room change process but this would also be dependent on available spaces.
Do you need to update your answer on the housing application?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org by February 11, 2022 with your updated preference and our staff will be able to adjust your application.
Housing Selection Processes Available for Honors Students
The three options for Honors students during the housing selection process are as follows:
Upper Division Honors Housing
- Students who request Upper Division Honors on their housing application will be required to complete an acceptance form to agree to participate in the Upper Division Honors housing selection. Students will be assigned a selection time based on earned credits and will pick housing with all other students in the Upper Division Honors housing selection process.
- Students who do not complete the acceptance form by the stated deadline will be automatically removed from the Upper Division Honors process and added into the General Housing selection process. More information regarding the acceptance forms will be emailed to eligible students.
- If a student wishes to select housing with a roommate/group, all members of the group must be part of the Upper Division Honors process and be mutually matched in MyHousing prior to selecting housing.
- Students in this process must select a space either in Snow Hall (South Campus) or in McMahon. If a student is hoping to live in a suite style space and finds that all suite spaces were already selected before their selection time, they will need to pick a space in McMahon during their selection time. By committing to living in Upper Division Honors housing, students will not be able to select any space that is not in Upper Division Honors (Snow and McMahon).
Honors to Opportunities (H2O)
- Students who request Honors to Opportunities (H2O) on their housing application will receive a supplemental application from the Honors Program in early March which will be reviewed. If selected for the community, students will be required to complete an acceptance form to agree to participate in the Honors to Opportunities (H2O) housing selection. Students will be assigned a selection time based on earned credits and will pick housing with all other students in the Honors to Opportunities (H2O) housing selection process.
- If a student wishes to select housing with a roommate/group, all members of the group must be part of the Honors to Opportunities (H2O) process and be mutually matched in MyHousing prior to selecting housing.
- Students in this process will be selecting a space in Werth Tower within the floor dedicated to the Honors to Opportunities (H2O) Community.
- If a student requests Honors to Opportunities (H2O) on their housing application and are not selected for the community, they will be automatically provided a selection time in the Upper Division Honors process and would follow the steps detailed above for Upper Division Honors participants. If a student is not selected for Honors to Opportunities (H2O) and would prefer to participate in General Selection, they should email email@example.com after they are notified about their Honors to Opportunities (H2O) status and before March 10, 2022 in order to update this preference in time for selection.
General Housing Selection
- Students who do not request Upper Division Honors or Honors to Opportunities (H2O) on their fall 2022 housing application will participate in the general housing selection with all students on campus who are not part of a special interest community. Selection times will be based on earned credits and students will be assigned a pick time with all eligible students for general selection.
- Students in this process will be able to view all available spaces on campus that are not part of a special interest area and will be able to pair up with other students in general selection, including Honors students not living in Honors housing.
- Students who are part of General Selection will not be able to select into Honors spaces (Snow Hall, McMahon, or Werth Tower) during this process.
Residential Life can only verify the accuracy of information on our own website and materials. Information obtained elsewhere may not be accurate.
Questions? Contact Us!
Monday - Friday
8:00am – 5:00pm
Questions about Housing Selection?
If you have a question about housing selection during a time that the live chat is not available, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so that professional staff can assist you with your questions.