The following recommendations should be followed when inclement weather threatens the Storrs campus.
- Keep doors and windows closed.
- Use flashlights in the event of power outages. Candles are not permitted in the residence halls and pose a fire safety hazard.
- Keep cell phones charged and refrain from using during the inclement weather to avoid overwhelming local cell phone towers.
- Use stairs. Elevators will stop operating in the event of a power outage.
- Check www.dining.uconn.edu for the most up to date information regarding dining halls.
- Check www.alert.uconn.edu.