Welcome to the Peter J. Werth Residence Tower
Werth Tower is a traditional-style residence hall that is focused on supporting students’ personal, interpersonal, and intellectual growth through participation in the Living-Learning Communities from each floor of the building. Werth Tower is comprised mostly of first and second year students, but is also home to upperclass students, many of whom hold leadership positions within the Learning Communities. Collaboration between Residential Life, First Year Programs & Learning Communities, the Honors Program, and various faculty and staff from across campus foster innovation and community within Werth Tower.
Werth Tower is located in the Hilltop area of campus, adjacent to the campus athletic facilities and a short walk from the center of campus. In addition to the residential spaces in the building, Werth Tower is home to offices for Residential Life and First Year Programs & Learning Communities staff, as well as a variety of spaces that foster academic success, innovation, and community building. These spaces include dedicated community spaces for the students and faculty in each Learning Community, the Learning Community Innovation Zone (LCIZ ), a game room, laundry facilities, and more. The LCIZ is a maker-space that supports the development of projects and is equipped with 3D printers, a textile station, laser cutter, wood working equipment/tools, mobile white boards, and more. In addition to the LCIZ, Werth Tower has a large event space called the Forum and Idea Lab in which programs, workshops, and social events take place. Werth Tower is the epitome of encouraging innovation, community, and academic success across disciplines.
Werth Tower is primarily a first year and second year area of campus. These areas are designed to help students adjust to college life and transition to community style living. Students will be assigned to these areas with other first year students as roommates, or with second year students as roommates who are familiar with these areas and can serve as resources and mentors. Sitting atop a hill, Werth Tower offers some of the best views of campus as well as a direct overview of the George J. Sherman stadium.
Room Features & Hall Amenities
- Co-ed floors (with the exception of specific Learning Communities)
- 7 residential floors (8 total floors in the building)
- Room Details
- Furnishings: Desk, chair, small dresser (bureau), built in closet, bed (1 per student)
- Beds: XL twin (80' x 36"), bunkable and loftable
- Laundry: Ground floor
- Dining: Putnam Dining Hall
- Mailroom: Putnam
- Bus Line: Red Line
- Learning Communities: EcoHouse, Engineering House, International Engineering House, Honors to Opportunities (H2O) House, Innovation House, Public Health House, ScHOLA2RS House (Scholastic House of Leaders in support of African American Researches & Scholars), WiMSE House (Women in Math, Science, & Engineering)
- Recreation: Pool tables, fooseball, shuffleboard, air hockey, board games, and outdoor games available for check-out at the Werth desk.
Werth Tower Area Contacts
Office Location: Ground Floor Werth Tower
Visit the Operations Center to submit Maintenance Requests/Work Orders