The Residence Education team at UConn is a committed, diverse, student-centered staff responsible for the general well-being of UConn’s 12,300 resident students. Residence Education at UConn is a highly respected group of professionals who help make supportive and vibrant communities for our residents.
Our Graduate & Professional Staff Positions
Assistant Residence Hall Directors (ARHDs)
- Graduate students enrolled in the Higher Education Student Affairs Master’s program at UConn.
- Provide support to the Hall Director or Assistant Director in the overall administration of services in the respective hall or area.
Hall Directors (HDs)
- Hire, train, and supervise the RAs and ARHDs.
- Most have prior residence hall experience and Master’s degrees, and all have offices in their areas.
- Serve as campus resources, educators, advisors, and student conduct officers.
- UConn Hall Director Job Description 2015-2016
Assistant Directors of Residence Education
- Responsible for a residential area of approximately 2,500 students, 3-6 HDs/CDs and approximately 60 RAs.
- Works with and through their staff to better connect students to each other and UConn.
- Master’s degrees and five or more years of full-time residence hall experience.
More About Residential Life
- Division of Student Affairs Organizational Charts
- Learning Communities
- Greek Life & Husky Village
- Student Population
- Student Organizations
- Residential Life Diversity Statement