Student Health and Wellness Services (SHaW):
Due to UConn’s preventative response to reduce the spread of Coronavirus, the guiding principle of Student Health and Wellness (SHaW) is to support students while protecting the health of our community. As such, SHaW services will remain open and we are adapting to new opportunities to support the campus community at this time.
Student Health and Wellness-Medical Care will be available remotely for telephone consultation and advice, including opportunities for telemedicine with medical providers. At this time preventive care services will be deferred, but the continuity of care for established patients, including prescription refills, will be maintained. The 24/7 nurse advice line will remain active through the end of the semester. Any student who is experiencing symptoms is asked to call ahead to discuss their symptoms before seeking care from your medical provider.
Student Health and Wellness-Mental Health will be moving to exclusively telehealth (online) or phone platforms for providing services to students. We ask that students call our office at 860-486-4705 before walking to the office.
For students already in services at SHAW-MH:
- You will receive an email or a phone call from our office providing instructions about your next scheduled appointment with your provider. Please check your UCONN email for this notification in the upcoming days.
For students seeking services from us:
- We are here for you! Our office will be moving to primarily same day consultation appointments for students reaching out for support to help assess your needs via phone or telehealth.
- Our goal will be to make sure that you have the support and resources you need whether that is with us or a provider in your home community.
For mental health emergencies:
- We will continue to be available for crisis assessment 24/7 through the end of the semester beginning Sunday 3/22/20.
- To access this, call our office and you will be connected with a provider.
- If you are experiencing a serious and immediate life-threatening crisis, please bypass calling Student Health and Wellness and call 911 or the UConn Police Department immediately
While we are in the midst of uncertain times, please rest certain that we at SHAW are deeply committed to finding the best ways to support the health of our community. Be on the lookout for ongoing messaging about ways we will be working to support UConn. If you have any questions do not hesitate to reach out to us.