- Students must be up to date with COVID-19 vaccinations in order to participate in this process. To be considered "up to date", students must have received all COVID-19 vaccines and boosters that they are eligible for. We recommend that you upload vaccine information as early as possible, as it can take multiple business days to update.
- Students who are non-compliant with the meningitis vaccination requirement are also not eligible to change rooms.
Moving to a Vacant Space
- New! Online Spring Room Change—students will use MyHousing to view open spaces on campus and pick a new room.
- There will be 2 opportunities to pick a new room throughout the spring semester for students who submit the room change application. Every Wednesday starting on February 16, eligible students can log into MyHousing and view all available spaces.
- If you select a new room during the process, you are committing to moving over that weekend and will return your previous room keys at the Residential Life Office on the ground floor of 900 Washington.
- Your keys to your new assignment will be available to pick up on the ground floor of the 900 Washington building on on Friday between 12:00-4:00pm of the week you select a new room.
- Important Note: If you are not available on a specific weekend, please wait until a later room change round in this process so that you can meet this timeline as we cannot make exceptions or have you move outside of this timeline. A lock change will be issued if the key is not returned on time and a lock change charge will be added to your fee bill.
- New rooms are added to the selection options weekly, not in live-time. If you’re looking to live in a space a friend vacates during the first round of the room change process, you may not see that space as an option until the following week.
Specific Room Requests
- Specific Room Requests: Students who know of a specific room that is empty and wish to move into that space can include the hall and room on their room change application. If the space is available we will do our best to offer the space.
Trading Spaces Requests
Trading Spaces involves two people swapping rooms. Trading Spaces does not involve any vacant spaces.
These requests are accepted through February 24 via email to Vincent.Walker@uconn.edu. Students who wish to do a Trading Spaces move do not need to submit an application inside of MyHousing.
Students who want to trade spaces both must email Vincent.Walker@uconn.edu and include:
- Your Name
- Your Student Number
- Name of Person you are trading with
- Student Number of Person you are trading with
- Building and Room you wish to move into
Students that trade spaces can only do so after approved by Residential Life.
Students cannot trade into a single if they live in a different room type.
If approved to trade spaces, students will receive instructions from Residential Life for dropping off and picking up keys.
Important Room Change Reminders
- Students who are non-compliant with the Meningitis vaccination requirement are NOT eligible to change rooms. Students must also be fully up to date regarding COVID-19 vaccines and boosters in order to participate in this process.
- RAs cannot request a move during this process.
- Room rate changes can occur. Be aware that adjustments may be made to your fee bill depending on the room type you are moving into or out of.
Don't want to Move? Don't submit an application!
If you don't want to change your assignment, do not submit an application in MyHousing! Only students who submit a room change/trading spaces application before the deadline will be considered to change rooms.
The schedule below shows each week's timeline for the 2 rounds of the Spring Room Change process. Students who select a new space must follow the timeline below. Individual exceptions cannot be made.
If you are unable to complete your move during your round's timeframe, you should wait for another round to change rooms.
Students who submit an application but do not select a new room will automatically be issued a time for all remaining rounds of the room change process. This means that if you apply before February 15 but do not pick a room during the online process taking place February 16, we will automatically give you a pick time for the February 23 online process so that you can look at availability during that process.
Students who request a specific room request or Trading Spaces request will be processed manually by staff but still need to follow the timeline below for key pick-up, transition, and the return of their former assignment keys. Please refer to your room change confirmation email for specific details.
|Submit the Room Change
Application in MyHousing By:
|Online Room Change
12:00pm - 4:00pm
Stamford Residential Life Office
Ground Floor of 900 Washington
Your New Space
Stamford Residential Life Office
Ground Floor of 900 Washington
NO LATER THAN:
|February 14 at 11:59pm||February 16||February 18||February 18 - 21||February 21|
|February 21 at 11:59pm||February 23||February 25||February 25 - 28||February 28|
Help Me Understand This Table
- The room change application will be open in MyHousing until February 21. We will be hold 2 weeks of online room change opportunities for students to pick a new room in MyHousing (or for students requesting specific room requests or Trading Spaces moves to be offered a room change by our staff via email).
- In order to participate in the online room change process each Wednesday, you must submit the room change application in MyHousing before midnight on the date in the "Apply By" column. Everyone who applies on-time will receive a pick time for that week's online selection process and will be able to login to MyHousing during the Selection Dates to view our open spaces and pick a new room. If you sign up but do not pick a room during that week's process, we will continue to issue you a new pick time each week so that you can continue considering your options during each room change selection.
- If you select a new space (or your specific room or Trading Spaces request is processed) that week, we need you to come to the ground floor of 900 Washington so that you can enter the main Residential Life Office and pick up your keys between 12:00pm-4:00pm on that Friday. That is the only time that you will be able to pick up the keys to your new room.
- You will move to your new room during the "Transition Dates" and must return your old room keys to our 900 Washington Main Residential Life Office by the deadline in order to avoid being charged for a lock change.
- If you are not available to pick up keys or move during a specific weekend, we recommend waiting until a different week of the process and then selecting a new room, as we cannot make any exceptions to this timeline.
If you have additional questions after reading this information, please contact us at email@example.com. Please include your first/last name and 7 digit student ID number in your correspondence.