Important Notice Regarding Spring 2022
In light of the current evolving COVID-19 situation in Connecticut and nationally, UConn is making changes to the spring semester in order to help protect the health of our communities that will affect all students:
- Residential move-in for the Storrs and Stamford campuses will be moved back by two weeks, meaning move-in will occur over the weekend of January 29, not January 15. During this two- week period, the university is asking all students to take careful precautious to help avoid exposure to COVID-19, meaning consistent masking (especially in public settings) and avoiding gatherings, particularly those that are indoors.
Students who are guaranteed housing for Spring 2022 at the Storrs or Stamford campuses will receive an important email on January 3, 2022 with additional information.
- Students who need to request on-campus housing for this two week period must apply by 12:00pm (noon) ET on January 6, 2022. Please complete the Spring 2022 Request to Return Prior to January 29 form on our website.
- We recognize that these changes may result in many questions. Our office has started a Spring 2022 Frequently Asked Questions page to help answer your questions. This page will continue to be updated as we learn more about the start of the spring semester.
Spring 2022 Arrival Dates
Due to a possible weather event on Saturday we are making adjustments to this weekend’s move-in schedule. We now will also be open on Friday from 9:30am to 3:30pm for students to receive keys as well as Sunday from 10:00am to 6:00pm. If you would like to adjust your time to Friday you can log into your My Housing to adjust your move in time to Friday by Wednesday night at 11:59pm. We strongly encourage students who need to pick up keys to sign up for an arrival time on Friday or Sunday to avoid traveling in potentially inclement weather on Saturday.
Students who are returning to the same assignment and already have their room keys will also be able to return to campus anytime starting at 7:00am on Friday morning (January 28) through Sunday, January 30 and are not required to sign up for an arrival time. Students in this group must complete the self check-in inside of MyHousing.
Students with a new Spring 2022 assignment:
- All check in will be out of the Charter Oak Community Center 327 Tower Court Rd, Mansfield City, CT 06269
- Check in at this check-in location is only for students with a new Spring 2022 assignment (returning residents, please read the next section for additional instructions).
- Students with a new Spring 2022 assignment will be sent an email with the ability to select a time to move in on either , Friday January 28 or Sunday January 30. Students will be required to select an hour time block between the hours below.
- *Newly added date* Friday, January 28, 2022 9:30am - 3:30pm
- Sunday, January 30, 2022 10:00am - 6:00pm
Students are not permitted to arrive before their scheduled time.
Important Notice Regarding the One Card Office
More information about the One Card Office Hours in early January.
When You Arrive On Campus
- Bring your UConn ID or photo ID and your student ID number (PeopleSoft number) with you. Residential Life will need this information to distribute keys and other check-in materials.
- Come to the Charter Oak Community Center at the following address 327 Tower Court Rd, Mansfield City, CT 06269. Once you have checked in and picked up your keys you will proceed to your Hall for move in. Staff at the Charter Oak Community Center can provide specific directions to your area/hall if needed.
For general arrival questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Process for Students returning to their Fall 2021 assignment:
- Students who are returning to their Fall 2021 assignment will log into MyHousing to complete the self check-in process. Login to MyHousing, scroll to the Spring 2022 Assignments section and indicate that you are on campus. Returning students should complete the self check-in on your way to campus so card access is activated to hall by the time you arrive. Please follow instruction emails sent to University email sent on January 25-28, 2022.