Check-In Dates and Times for 900 Washington Boulevard
Students with a new Spring 2020 assignment:
- Check in at the check in location (900 Washington Blvd, Residential Life Office, Room 104) is only for students with a new Spring 2020 assignment
- Students with a new Spring 2020 assignment will be able to move in on:
- Sunday, January 19, 2020 9:00am - 6:00pm
- Alternate move-in date- If you cannot move in on Sunday, January 19th, there is limited capacity to move in on Monday, January 20th. Please click here to fill out the request form.
Students are not permitted to arrive before their scheduled time.
- After January 20: Make an appointment with your hall director. Look up Hall Director here.
Students returning to their Fall 2019 assignment:
- Students who are returning to their Fall 2019 assignment will log into MyHousing to complete the self check-in process. Access Personal Preferences, select Spring 2020 and indicate that they are on campus. Returning students should complete the self check-in the day prior to arrival to campus so card access is activated to hall. Please follow instructions sent to University email sent on January 17, 2020. Card access to hall will be activated by 9:00 am if student completed self check-in the day prior to arrival.
When You Arrive On Campus:
- Proceed to The Stamford ResLife office- 900 Washington Boulevard, Stamford, CT 06901.
- Bring your UConn ID or photo ID and your student ID number (PeopleSoft number) with you. Residential Life staff will need this information to distribute keys and other check-in materials.
- Your room will have been assessed prior to you checking in. Should you notice any discrepancies in the status of your space, please submit the Move-In ResLife Damage Report within 48 hours.
Directions to the Stamford Residence Hall at 900 Washington Boulevard
Directions from I-95 Northbound (from New York)
Going NORTH on 95 use Exit 7 (Greenwich Avenue). Go straight off ramp through the light (stay in the 2nd to left lane). After first light get in left lane and turn LEFT at the second light onto Washington Boulevard (you will go under an overpass). Proceed down Washington Boulevard to 3rd traffic light. At 3rd traffic light turn LEFT on to Tresser Boulevard. Google Map
Directions from I-95 Southbound (from New Haven)
Going SOUTH on 95 use Exit 7 (Atlantic Street). Go straight off the exit. You will actually be on North State Street. Make sure that you get out of the left lane because it will turn into a left turn only lane. Go through 4 lights on North State Street. You will pass Atlantic Street on the right, and then UBS Center. At the 4th Light, you will bear right onto Washington Boulevard. Proceed down Washington Boulevard to 3rd traffic light. At 3rd traffic light turn LEFT on to Tresser Boulevard. The Garage entrance is just ahead on the RIGHT. Google Map
Directions from the Merritt Parkway
Exit 34 - Long Ridge Road - South on Route 104 (Long Ridge Road) to Route 137 (Cold Spring Road/Washington Boulevard) to U.S. 1 (Tresser Boulevard). Turn RIGHT onto U.S. 1; Entrance to Government Center garage is 100 yards from intersection on RIGHT. Google Map
*The drop off location is at the Government Center located at 888 Washington Boulevard, Stamford, CT 06901. This location will be a clearly marked off area on the first floor of the Government Center parking garage. UConn staff will be present to direct and assist you with your move-in.
Your University student ID card gives you access to your residential area. Please make sure to have your ID card with you at check-in. If you have not received your ID card, please have another photo ID available to provide identification for check-in. If you still need to obtain an ID card, please submit a photo for your student ID at http://onecard.uconn.edu/the-one-card/online-photo-submission/. ID’s will be created at Storrs and mailed down to the Registrar/Bursar’s office (room 121) in Stamford for pick up.
Before Your Arrival
- Review and pay your fee bill. The online fee bill that you received was based on data the University had in early June. Often, adjustments to student accounts are made after June, so it is very important that you review your bill before coming to campus and that you pay any balance due. Visit www.bursar.uconn.edu for more information.
- Submit the Health History Form to Student Health Services including the verification that you received the meningitis vaccination. If you need to print an exemption form, or simply need more information, visit www.shs.uconn.edu.
- Plan carefully! Visit our list of suggested items to bring to campus at http://reslife.uconn.edu/items-to-bring/. Please note: you will need to provide your own shower curtain for the bathrooms. Please communicate with your roommate(s) about this.