In order to make your check-in process positive, Residential Life appreciates adherence to the specific check-in schedule and require students to make a check-in appointment. Log in to MyHousing to schedule your check-in appointment. Directions for Stamford move-in are found here: https://reslife.uconn.edu/ then click ‘Arriving to Campus’ and select ‘Specific Area Move In Information’ to find your Stamford Residence Hall move-in details.
Friday, August 14th, 9:00AM to 3:00PM - Undergraduate Students, Transfers, and Campus Change Students move-in. It is highly encouraged that you stick to your time frame as an effort to limit traffic during move-in.
If you require an alternate move-in time, please complete this survey to request an alternate check-in appointment with Stamford ResLife. Please know that these requests will be considered on a case by case and accommodations are not guaranteed.
When You Arrive On Campus:
- Student and guest must wear mask at all times.
- Go to check-in location for The Stamford Residence Hall. The check-in location is at the Government Center located at 888 Washington Boulevard, Stamford, CT 06901.
- After checking-in, proceed to the drop off area adjacent to 65 Prospect Street.
- At the drop off location, students and families will unload their belongings.
- Students and families will have 60 minutes to unload their belongings and will be asked to move their car to public/metered parking in the area.
- Staff will direct you to the 65 Prospect Building where you will be able to officially check in to your apartment and unload your personal belongings.
- Students will only be allowed to have one guest and vehicle to assist with moving in student belongings.
- Bring your UConn ID or photo ID and your student ID number (PeopleSoft number) with you. Residential Life will need this information to distribute keys and other check-in materials.
- COVID Testing will occur on Tuesday, August 18th. The COVID test location and time will be provided to residential students via UConn email. All residential students are required to complete COVID test on August 18th.
Any student who has paid for a parking pass for the Stamford Residence Hall will need to follow the above instructions and can later move their cars into the Residence Hall parking garage. For more information about the parking pass please visit: https://park.uconn.edu/stamford-campus/.
Your University student ID card gives you access to your residential area. Please make sure to have your ID card with you at check-in. If you have not received your ID card, please have another photo ID available to provide identification for check-in. If you still need to obtain an ID card, please submit a photo for your student ID at http://onecard.uconn.edu/the-one-card/online-photo-submission/. ID’s will be created at Storrs and mailed to students prior to move-in. If you have not requested your UConn One Card ID, please have it mailed to your on-campus address, as you will need it for access to ResHalls and academic building. For more information about UConn One Card please visit: https://onecard.uconn.edu/.
Move-In Bins & Elevator Access:
Unfortunately, ResLife will not be assisting students with move-in bins due to safety and health restrictions. Elevator access will be limited and students will be required to use stairwells to move in belongings. Students should plan accordingly. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Before Your Arrival:
- Review and pay your fee bill. The online fee bill that you received was based on data the University had in early June. Often, adjustments to student accounts are made after June, so it is very important that you review your bill before coming to campus and that you pay any balance due. Visit bursar.uconn.edu for more information.
- Submit the Health History Form to Student Health Services including the verification that you received the meningitis vaccination. If you need to print an exemption form, or simply need more information, visit shs.uconn.edu.
- Plan carefully! Visit our list of suggested items to bring to campus at https://reslife.uconn.edu/items-to-bring/.
Directions to 65 Prospect:
Directions from I-95 Northbound (from New York)
Going NORTH on 95 use Exit 8. Take Greyrock Pl. to Prospect Street. 65 Prospect Street Apartments will be on your right. Google Map
Directions from I-95 Southbound (from New Haven)
Going SOUTH on 95 take Exit 8. Take Grove Street to Prospect Street. 65 Prospect Street Apartments will be on your right. Google Map
*The drop off location is adjacent to 65 Prospect Street. UConn staff will be present to direct and assist you with your move-in.