Stamford Campus Move-In Instructions
Move-In & Check-In Appointment:
In order to make your check-in process positive, Residential Life appreciates adherence to the specific check-in schedule and require students to make a check-in appointment. Check-in appointments will open in early January on MyHousing. Students will receive email communication with more details about move-in and scheduling check-in appointments in early January. Directions for Stamford move-in are found here: http://reslife.uconn.edu/ then click ‘Arriving to Campus’ and select ‘Specific Area Move In Information’ to find your Stamford Residence Hall move-in details.
Saturday, January 16th- Sunday, January 17th, 9:00AM to 3:00PM - Undergraduate Students, Transfers, and Campus Change Students move-in. Students are required to stick to appointment time frame as an effort to limit traffic during move-in and comply with CDC and Governor’s guidelines.
Arriving to Campus:
- Park at Government Center Garage, 888 Washington Blvd, Stamford, CT.
- Proceed to 900 Washington Blvd, Stamford, CT check-in location for room assignment, keys, and COVID testing. COVID test will be required for all residential students.
- After check-in, proceed to the drop off area for your residence hall:
- 900 Washington Blvd residents- stay parked at the Government Center Garage, 888 Washington Boulevard, Stamford, CT 06901 and proceed to residence hall-900 Washington Blvd to unload student belongings.
- 65 Prospect Street residents- Go to drop off area adjacent to 65 Prospect Street, Stamford CT to unload student belongings.
- Students will have 60 minutes to unload their belongings.
- Staff will be at residence hall and directing students to entrances.
- Students will only be allowed one guest and vehicle to assist with moving in student belongings.
- Bring your UConn ID or photo ID and your student ID number (PeopleSoft number) with you. Residential Life will need this information to distribute keys and other check-in materials.
Prepare for Move-In:
Any student who has paid for a parking pass for the Stamford Residence Hall will need to follow the above instructions and can later move their cars into the Residence Hall parking garage. It is important that when purchasing your parking permit, to include your on-campus address in order to receive your parking permit quicker. If you do not change your address, the parking pass will be sent to your permanent address. This will delay delivery of your parking permit, which may result in a parking fineFor more information about the parking pass please visit: https://park.uconn.edu/stamford-campus/.
Your University student ID card gives you access to your residential area. Please make sure to have your ID card with you at check-in. If you have not received your ID card, please have another photo ID available to provide identification for check-in. If you still need to obtain an ID card, please submit a photo for your student ID at http://onecard.uconn.edu/the-one-card/online-photo-submission/. ID’s will be created at Storrs and mailed to students prior to move-in. If you have not requested your UConn One Card ID, please have it mailed to your on-campus address, as you will need it for access to ResHalls and academic building. For more information about UConn One Card please visit: https://onecard.uconn.edu/.
Move-In Bins & Elevator Access:
Unfortunately, ResLife will not be assisting students with move-in bins due to safety and health restrictions. Elevator access will be limited and students will be required to use stairwells to move in belongings. Students should plan accordingly. We apologize for the inconvenience.