In order to make your check-in process positive, Residential Life appreciates adherence to the specific check-in schedule and require students to make a check-in appointment. Log in to MyHousing to schedule your check-in appointment. Directions for Stamford move-in are found here: https://reslife.uconn.edu/ then click ‘Arriving to Campus’ and select ‘Specific Area Move In Information’ to find your Stamford Residence Hall move-in details.
Friday, August 14th- Monday, August 17th, 9:00AM to 3:00PM - Undergraduate Students, Transfers, and Campus Change Students move-in. Students are required to stick to appointment time frame as an effort to limit traffic during move-in and comply with CDC and Governor’s guidelines.
When You Arrive On Campus:
- Proceed to COVID Test site. This location will be provided to residential students prior to arriving to campus. Test confirmation will be required in order to move-in.
- After receiving test confirmation, proceed to the drop off area for The Stamford Residence Hall. The drop off location is at the Government Center located at 888 Washington Boulevard, Stamford, CT 06901.
- At the drop off location (first floor of the garage), staff will assist students with check in.
- Students and will have 60 minutes to unload their belongings.
- Staff will direct you to the Stamford Residence Hall where you will be able to move in to your apartment and unload your personal belongings.
- Students will only be allowed one guest and vehicle to assist with moving in student belongings.
- Bring your UConn ID or photo ID and your student ID number (PeopleSoft number) with you. Residential Life will need this information to distribute keys and other check-in materials.
Any student who has paid for a parking pass for the Stamford Residence Hall will need to follow the above instructions and can later move their cars into the Residence Hall parking garage. It is important that when purchasing your parking permit, to include your on-campus address in order to receive your parking permit quicker. If you do not change your address, the parking pass will be sent to your permanent address. This will delay delivery of your parking permit, which may result in a parking fineFor more information about the parking pass please visit: https://park.uconn.edu/stamford-campus/.
Your University student ID card gives you access to your residential area. Please make sure to have your ID card with you at check-in. If you have not received your ID card, please have another photo ID available to provide identification for check-in. If you still need to obtain an ID card, please submit a photo for your student ID at http://onecard.uconn.edu/the-one-card/online-photo-submission/. ID’s will be created at Storrs and mailed to students prior to move-in. If you have not requested your UConn One Card ID, please have it mailed to your on-campus address, as you will need it for access to ResHalls and academic building. For more information about UConn One Card please visit: https://onecard.uconn.edu/.
Move-In Bins & Elevator Access:
Unfortunately, ResLife will not be assisting students with move-in bins due to safety and health restrictions. Elevator access will be limited and students will be required to use stairwells to move in belongings. Students should plan accordingly. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Before Your Arrival:
- Review and pay your fee bill. The online fee bill that you received was based on data the University had in early June. Often, adjustments to student accounts are made after June, so it is very important that you review your bill before coming to campus and that you pay any balance due. Visit bursar.uconn.edu for more information.
- Submit the Health History Form to Student Health Services including the verification that you received the meningitis vaccination. If you need to print an exemption form, or simply need more information, visit shs.uconn.edu.
- Plan carefully! Visit our list of suggested items to bring to campus at http://reslife.uconn.edu/items-to-bring/. Please note: you will need to provide your own shower curtain for the bathrooms. Please communicate with your roommate(s) about this.
Directions to 900 Washington Boulevard:
Directions from I-95 Northbound (from New York)
Going NORTH on 95 use Exit 7 (Greenwich Avenue). Go straight off ramp through the light (stay in the 2nd to left lane). After first light get in left lane and turn LEFT at the second light onto Washington Boulevard (you will go under an overpass). Proceed down Washington Boulevard to 3rd traffic light. At 3rd traffic light turn LEFT on to Tresser Boulevard. Google Map
Directions from I-95 Southbound (from New Haven)
Going SOUTH on 95 use Exit 7 (Atlantic Street). Go straight off the exit. You will actually be on North State Street. Make sure that you get out of the left lane because it will turn into a left turn only lane. Go through 4 lights on North State Street. You will pass Atlantic Street on the right, and then UBS Center. At the 4th Light, you will bear right onto Washington Boulevard. Proceed down Washington Boulevard to 3rd traffic light. At 3rd traffic light turn LEFT on to Tresser Boulevard. The Garage entrance is just ahead on the RIGHT. Google Map
Directions from the Merritt Parkway
Exit 34 - Long Ridge Road - South on Route 104 (Long Ridge Road) to Route 137 (Cold Spring Road/Washington Boulevard) to U.S. 1 (Tresser Boulevard). Turn RIGHT onto U.S. 1; Entrance to Government Center garage is 100 yards from intersection on RIGHT. Google Map
*The drop off location is at the Government Center located at 888 Washington Boulevard, Stamford, CT 06901. This location will be a clearly marked off area on the first floor of the Government Center parking garage. UConn staff will be present to direct and assist you with your move-in.