All students who plan on staying on campus at any point during Winter Recess, December 20, 2021-January 15, 2022 must fill out a Winter Recess Housing Application. Students living in apartment areas or Husky Village are required to fill out this application in order for Residential Life to have accurate records of all students who plan on being here at any point over Winter Recess. Students living in these areas will not be charged to stay over Winter Recess.
Students who are planning on staying on campus for Winter Recess Housing are unable to participate in the Mid-Year Move Room Change Process. If a student plans to remain on campus for Winter Recess and wishes to change assignments for the Spring Semester they must wait until the Spring Room Change Process which opens up approximately 2 weeks after the semester begins.
Winter Recess Housing Application and Request Form– Available November 1 - December 10
Application - www.reslife.uconn.edu/myhousing
- All students who will need on-campus accommodations at any point during Winter Recess (December 20, 2021-January 15, 2022) must submit the Winter Recess Housing Application
- When filling out the application please indicate the reason you are staying on campus. If the reason you are staying does not match one of the options please choose "Other".
Fees for Students in Traditional and Suite Areas
Students Living in Traditional and Suite Areas:
Winter Recess Housing Fee $700 Flat Fee
Students in Apartments, Husky Village, or Stamford Housing
Students living in apartment areas or Stamford Housing are required to fill out this application in order for Residential Life to have accurate records of all students who plan on being here at any point over Winter Recess. Students living in these areas will not be charged to stay over Winter Recess.
Winter Recess Dining Options
Students must contact Dining Services at (860) 486-3128 or visit https://dining.uconn.edu/ for more information about Winter Recess dining options.
- Fall residential meal plans end with dinner on Sun., 12/19/21 and Winter Session meal plans begin Mon., 12/20/21
- All residents not residing in an on campus apartment complex are required to have one, of the two, Winter Session meal plans below:
- Meals 7 days per week: $180.00/ week
- Meals 5 days per week (Monday-Friday only): $130.00 /week
- Winter Session meal plans include: 1 breakfast, 1 lunch, and 1 dinner per day. Unused meals do not rollover to the following day.
- Students enrolled in academic, Winter Session classes (12/27 – 1/14/2022) , or working / interning on campus, may change their meal plan up until their third day living on campus, by contacting our office.
- Students assigned to an apartment will not be assigned a meal plan. However, options are available to purchase through our office.
- Students who have purchased a Winter Session meal plan and cancel their housing will be charged for the full period of the week that they cancelled.
Academic Internship/Employment Verification
Academic Internship Verification
Students who are participating in an academic internship during Winter Recess must provide proof of their employment/participation to Residential Life. An email from the employment or academic supervisor is sufficient.
Email with the following information to email@example.com.
- Include student’s first/last name, 7 digit student ID number or NetID
- State that student will be completing internship or is employed by department
- Dates of internship/employment
Winter Recess Staffing & Policies
Students remaining on-campus during Winter Recess will have limited access to Residential Life staff. Due to the holidays and reduced staffing, residents who remain on-campus during this time must contact Operations Center at (860) 486-3113 if they are locked out of their residence. Facilities related incidents that need immediate attention need to be reported to (860) 486-3113. All emergencies should be reported to the UConn Police Department at 911.
Students must adhere to all University policies during Winter Recess. Please refer to the Housing Contract and the Temporary Health and Safety Procedures for information regarding specific policies. Students may be asked to leave housing if policies are violated. Remaining on campus during a time when classes are not in session is a privilege and thus students are expected to uphold a high level of responsibility while staffing is limited.
Overnight guests will not be permitted during Winter Recess, due to limited staffing and specific billing policies.
Cancelling Winter Recess Housing
The application will be available until December 10, 2021. Any student who does not submit an application will not have access to the residence halls during Winter Recess. Any student who requests to cancel their Winter Recess housing after 5:00pm, December 13, 2021, will be charged the full Winter Recess housing fee. The Winter Recess Housing Fee can not be appealed.
If you have questions regarding Winter Recess housing, please call (860) 486-2926 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your first/last name and 7 digit student ID number in your correspondence.