What We Provide
- Residence Halls & Suites
- Mansfield Apartments
- Northwood Apartments
- Charter Oak Apartments-Two Bedroom/Four Person
- Hilltop Apartments-Double Efficiency
- Stamford Housing-Double Occupancy Bedroom
1 XL Twin & 1 Standard Twin
- Hilltop Apartments-Two Bedroom/Four Person
- XL twin sheets will fit either mattress
- Charter Oak/Hilltop Apartments-Four Bedroom/Four Person and Two Bedroom/Two Person
- Hilltop Apartments-Single Efficiency
- Stamford Housing-Single Occupancy Bedroom
*Students who are unsure of their housing assignment when they are visible in MyHousing should email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to purchasing bed linens.
Items to Bring
- UL Approved Power Strip (no extension cords allowed)
- Cleaning Supplies (residents are responsible for cleaning own room)
- Two sets of linens (See mattress size chart)
- Shower/Bathroom Carry All (for shampoo, soap, razors, etc.)
- School Supplies
- Sewing Kit
- Storage Containers, which may fit under the bed
- Television, and/or DVD Player
- Alarm Clock
- Towels & Washcloths
- Laundry Basket/Bag
- Computer (w/original software)
- Small stereo
- Only pets allowed are fish (no larger than a 10 gallon tank)
- Trash Can
- Flip Flops (for the shower)
- Laundry Detergent (High Efficiency/HE detergent - all washers are front loading)
- Stackable Crates
- Fans (ceiling fans are not permitted)
- Posters or decorations
Apartment & Suite Residents
- Bathroom Cleaning Supplies
- Hand soap
- Bathroom Trash Can
- Toilet Paper
- Dishwasher Detergent (Charter Oak/Hilltop Apt Residents)
- Dishes & Cookware
- Shower Curtain
Residents of Charter Oak/Hilltop Apartments, Busby/Garrigus/South Suites and Husky Village:
- The walls in these buildings are sheet rock; only tacks and 3M Command Adhesive products can be used to hang items on walls. Dart boards are not allowed.
All On-Campus Housing Residents:
- The use of Scotch tape and memo boards is permitted on doors.
- Writing, painting, stenciling, wall papering and the use of borders on doors or walls is prohibited.
The following is a list of sites that are for informational purposes only. These are to better assist incoming residents and their parents. However, these are just for information and they do not override the University of Connecticut's rules and regulations (Housing Contract, Responsibilities of Community Life: The Student Code).
Items Not Permitted
- No privately owned air conditioners
- Electric grills or skillets
- Electric heaters
- Extension cords
- Firearms, ammunition, any weapons, bows, guns, BB guns, slingshots, and launching devices
- Fireworks, powder, and other explosive or potentially dangerous objects
- Drugs, narcotics, harmful materials (please see The Student Code for more details)
- Halogen lamps (of ANY kind - desk, floor, table, etc.)
- Ceiling fans
- Toaster ovens
- Water beds
- Hot plates
- No homemade lofts
- Any items with exposed heating elements
- Kerosene heaters
- Cinder blocks
- Candles or incense
Acceptable UL Approved Appliances
- Popcorn poppers
- Small microwave (700 watts or less)
- Coffee maker
- Mini-Refrigerator (equipped with a 3 prong grounded plug, no more than 36" in height - 1 per room)
- Micro fridges are not available for rent through UConn.
- Check With Your Roommate! If you are sharing a room with one or more students, check with them to coordinate the larger items like a television, DVD player, refrigerator and microwave.
Compact Refrigerators Now Earn the ENERGY STAR
As the summer progresses, your incoming and returning students are considering purchases for their dorms. Encourage them to buy ENERGY STAR and save energy!
Compact refrigerators have recently joined the list of ENERGY STAR qualifying products, giving your students more ways to help reduce campus utility bills and promote your school's environmental stewardship. Currently there are 15 qualifying product models. To earn the ENERGY STAR, compact refrigerators must be 20% more efficient than the NAECA minimum energy efficiency standards, have a total volume of less than 7.75ft3, and be 36 inches or less in height.
Check out the ENERGY STAR qualifying mid-size and residential refrigerators (perfect for student apartments).
View the latest qualifying product model lists
|Sub-Zero Freezer Co. Inc.||249RP*||4.9||334|