Live On and Learn at the University of Connecticut
Living on campus at UConn places you right into the center of student success.
Whether you are getting to class, seeking resources and support, or looking to make new friends, you will find that living on campus is a great step towards to accomplishing your college goals.
Live On Campus
Room Rates, Housing Contract, Housing Selection, Changing Housing, Policies
Laundry, Mail Delivery, Card Access, Repair Services, Lofting Beds ...
Fall 2023 At a Glance
Fall Room Change Process
The room change process will occur weekly starting September 11 through October 27.
Please review room change information under Living On Campus for more detailed information about the process and how to request a change.
Spring 2024 Housing Application
The Spring 2024 housing application will be available October 9 for students interested in living on campus, including students changing campuses or returning from off campus programs. If you need access to this application, please email email@example.com. Current campus residents do not need to submit this application.
Spring 2024 Housing Cancellations
Leaving on campus housing for the spring semester? Review the cancellation information under Living On Campus/Changing or Cancelling Housing for deadlines, fees and instructions on how to cancel.
Residential Policy Overview
UConn Suite-Style Living
News & Announcements
- Fall Room Change Process The Fall Room Change Process will be held in early September through the end of October. Please go to Room Change Process to get more information.
- Students New to Campus
We are excited to have you here. Be sure to read all emails from Residential Life in your UConn Email for important information about your community expectations, events and upcoming important dates.
- Residential Life is committed to working with students and campus colleagues to create safe and inclusive educational living communities that foster students’ academic, social, cultural, and personal growth.
- Students can expect to receive an average of 25-30 total emails from Residential Life during the year. These email notifications include: Housing application deadlines and reminders, Cancellation deadlines and reminders, Room change and housing selection process information, Arrival and departure information each semester. Students that choose to participate in a specific process, or who identify with a particular community, could receive additional emails pertaining to that process or population. It is the expectation of Residential Life that students are checking their email regularly.
When you live at UConn Storrs, you are central to everything you need on campus.
Proximity to academic buildings – get to class within minutes!
Dining Halls throughout campus with expansive and rotating menus
Brand new, state-of-the-art recreation center
Robust and free public transportation via campus bus system
Close access to the shops and restaurants in Downtown Storrs
Develop life-long relationships with students from around the world and be a part of the growing and changing Husky Nation.
Check out campus recreation to join intramurals, fitness classes, or other activity-based programs
Join one of the hundreds of Registered Student Organizations (RSOs)
Make new friends at one of the many day or late-night events on campus
See how many boxes you and your friends can check off on the 81 things to-do before you graduate list
Become a part of one of our many Learning Communities to build meaningful relationships with students pursuing similar academic interests
Engage with other students in your residence hall to build a fun, compassionate, and creative community by joining Hall Association
Each area has their own organization and residents can join by running for a position on the Executive Board or attending general body meetings.
Work together to:
- plan and host events
- advocate for student needs
- build connections within their community
- manage a budget
- gain valuable leadership skills that will transfer to any internship or job
- To find out more about how to join, please visit the RHA website.
- Each residence hall has a Residence Hall Director (RHD) and Resident Assistants (RA) that help challenge, support, and guide students through the academic year
- The RHDs and RAs facilitate student learning and development through our Residential Learning Model focused on intellectual engagement, interpersonal competence, and personal growth
- Close access to UConn Student Health and Wellness services focusing on the physical and mental health of all students
- Countless resources are available on campus for students to utilize at any time they need them throughout their college experience
Land Acknowledgement Statement
We would like to begin by acknowledging that the land on which we gather is the territory of the Mohegan, Mashantucket Pequot, Easter Pequot, Schaghticoke, Golden Hill Paugussett, and Nipmuc Peoples, who have stewarded this land throughout the generations. We thank them for their strength and resilience in protecting this land, and aspire to uphold our responsibilities according to their example.
Current Fall Residents who cancel Spring 2022 Housing are responsible for $500 cancellation fee
Week of October 3
Round 4 of Storrs Fall Room Change
Spring 2023 Housing Application Opens for New Spring Residents (current Fall Residents do not need to reapply)
Week of October 10
Round 5 of Storrs Fall Room Change
Week of October 17
Round 6 of Storrs Fall Room Change
Week of October 24
Round 7 of Storrs Fall Room Change
Fall Room Change Application Deadline for Eligible Storrs Residents
Midyear Move Room Change Process Application Available for Eligible Storrs Residents
Current Fall Residents who cancel Spring 2022 housing are responsible for 100% Spring Room Rate
Winter Recess Housing Application Available in MyHousing
Spring 2023 Housing Application Deadline
Spring 2023 Campus Change Deadline
Midyear Move Room Change Process Deadline
November 21 - 25
Fall Break/Thanksgiving Recess (Halls Remain Open)
December 8 - 9
Spring 2023 Housing Selection in MyHousing for continuing students. Newly admitted freshmen and transfers will be assigned by staff in late December/early January
Winter Recess Application Deadline
Halls Close at 12:00pm (noon) for Fall Semester, Winter Recess Begins