Live On and Learn at the University of Connecticut
Living on campus at UConn places you right into the center of student success.
Whether you are getting to class, seeking resources and support, or looking to make new friends, you will find that living on campus is a great step towards to accomplishing your college goals.
Live On Campus
Room Rates, Housing Contract, Housing Selection, Changing Housing, Policies
Laundry, Mail Delivery, Card Access, Repair Services, Lofting Beds ...
Spring 2023 At a Glance
Move-In Day (Storrs Campus)
Spring Semester Begins
Spring Recess (Halls Remain Open)
Halls Close at 12:00pm (noon)
Check our full list of Important Dates for Room Change and Housing Application deadline information.
Residential Policy Overview
UConn Suite-Style Living
News & Announcements
- South Campus - Fall Room Selection ProcessSouth Campus area will have ongoing construction during the 2023-2024 year. Impacts will include noise, dust and fencing around the area. Please take this information into consideration if you are trying to select South Campus. There also could be impacts to the peripheral areas of Alumni and West Campus.
- Newly Admitted Students
We are excited to have you on-campus for next year. Once you pay your enrollment fee be on the look-out for an email on how to submit your housing application for the Fall 23-Spring 24 academic year
When you live at UConn Storrs, you are central to everything you need on campus.
Proximity to academic buildings – get to class within minutes!
Dining Halls throughout campus with expansive and rotating menus
Brand new, state-of-the-art recreation center
Robust and free public transportation via campus bus system
Close access to the shops and restaurants in Downtown Storrs
Develop life-long relationships with students from around the world and be a part of the growing and changing Husky Nation.
Check out campus recreation to join intramurals, fitness classes, or other activity-based programs
Join one of the hundreds of Registered Student Organizations (RSOs)
Make new friends at one of the many day or late-night events on campus
See how many boxes you and your friends can check off on the 81 things to-do before you graduate list
Become a part of one of our many Learning Communities to build meaningful relationships with students pursuing similar academic interests
Engage with other students in your residence hall to build a fun, compassionate, and creative community by joining Hall Association
Each area has their own organization and residents can join by running for a position on the Executive Board or attending general body meetings.
Work together to:
- plan and host events
- advocate for student needs
- build connections within their community
- manage a budget
- gain valuable leadership skills that will transfer to any internship or job
- To find out more about how to join, please visit the RHA website.
- Each residence hall has a Residence Hall Director (RHD) and Resident Assistants (RA) that help challenge, support, and guide students through the academic year
- The RHDs and RAs facilitate student learning and development through our Residential Learning Model focused on intellectual engagement, interpersonal competence, and personal growth
- Close access to UConn Student Health and Wellness services focusing on the physical and mental health of all students
- Countless resources are available on campus for students to utilize at any time they need them throughout their college experience
Land Acknowledgement Statement
We would like to begin by acknowledging that the land on which we gather is the territory of the Mohegan, Mashantucket Pequot, Easter Pequot, Schaghticoke, Golden Hill Paugussett, and Nipmuc Peoples, who have stewarded this land throughout the generations. We thank them for their strength and resilience in protecting this land, and aspire to uphold our responsibilities according to their example.
Fall Room Change Application Available for Eligible Storrs Residents
Week of September 12
Round 1 of Storrs Fall Room Change
Week of September 19
Round 2 of Storrs Fall Room Change
Week of September 26
Round 3 of Storrs Fall Room Change
Current Fall Residents who cancel Spring 2022 Housing are responsible for $500 cancellation fee
Week of October 3
Round 4 of Storrs Fall Room Change
Spring 2023 Housing Application Opens for New Spring Residents (current Fall Residents do not need to reapply)
Week of October 10
Round 5 of Storrs Fall Room Change
Week of October 17
Round 6 of Storrs Fall Room Change
Week of October 24
Round 7 of Storrs Fall Room Change
Fall Room Change Application Deadline for Eligible Storrs Residents
Midyear Move Room Change Process Application Available for Eligible Storrs Residents
Current Fall Residents who cancel Spring 2022 housing are responsible for 100% Spring Room Rate
Winter Recess Housing Application Available in MyHousing
Spring 2023 Housing Application Deadline
Spring 2023 Campus Change Deadline
Midyear Move Room Change Process Deadline
November 21 - 25
Fall Break/Thanksgiving Recess (Halls Remain Open)
December 5 - 7
Midyear Move Online Room Change Process in MyHousing
December 8 - 9
Spring 2023 Housing Selection in MyHousing for continuing students. Newly admitted freshmen and transfers will be assigned by staff in late December/early January
Winter Recess Application Deadline
Halls Close at 12:00pm (noon) for Fall Semester, Winter Recess Begins