Welcome to Alumni
Belden, Brock, Eddy, Watson
The Alumni Quadrangle community is made up of four residential buildings - Watson, Eddy, Brock, and Belden. Alumni houses several Learning and Special Interest Communities and is home to mostly first and second year students. These first and second year areas are designed to help students adjust to college life and transition to community style living. Students will be assigned with other first year students as roommates, or with second year students as roommates who are familiar with these areas and can serve as resources and mentors. There is also housing available outside of the learning communities for upperclass students who would like to remain in traditional housing. Alumni Quad is within a 10 minute walk from the Homer Babbidge Library, the Wilbur Cross Building, the Student Union, Gampel Pavilion, and the UConn Bookstore, making it an ideal location to be in the center of campus life!
Alumni has a thriving Hall Association and a friendly and active floor community.
Room Features & Hall Amenities
- Single sex & co-ed floors
- 4 buildings, 6 Floors per building, all of which are wheelchair accessible
- Room Furnishings: Desk, chair, small dresser (bureau), built in closet, bed (1 per student)
- Beds: XL twin (80' x 36"), bunkable or loftable
- Quiet study lounges on the first floor and TV lounges on the ground floor of each building
- Belden - Ground Floor
- Brock - Ground Floor
- Eddy - Ground Floor
- Watson - Ground Floor
- Watson- First Floor
- Brock- First Floor
- Mailroom: Watson Hall on the Ground-Level Lounge.
- Due to guidelines for physical distancing, all package deliveries for Alumni residents will be sent to the South mail room located in Rome Hall (South Campus). Letter mail will still be delivered to Alumni Mailroom Mailboxes, but when a package arrives at the South mail room for an Alumni resident, an email will be sent to the student indicating that it is ready for pickup. Please visit Student Mail Services for additional information.
- Dining Halls: South or McMahon
- Learning Communities:
- Business Connections
- Connecting with the Arts
- Fine Arts
- Humanities House
- Human Rights and Action House
- La Comunidad Intelectual
- Special Interest Housing: Gender Inclusive Housing
- Recreation: Sand Volleyball Court, Basketball Court, and outdoor picnic tables
- Outdoor covered bicycle racks at each building are available for resident use
Visit the Operations Center to submit Maintenance Requests/Work Orders