Welcome to Buckley/Shippee
The Buckley/Shippee residential area provides a unique living experience and is comprised of two residence halls: Buckley Hall and Shippee Hall. Buckley/Shippee is located across from Mirror Lake and near the School of Fine Arts. It is also just a block away from the newly built Storrs Downtown establishment.
Buckley Hall is a first-year area on-campus and is an area designed to help students adjust to college life and the transition to community style living. Students are assigned to these areas with other first year students as roommates. Buckley Hall has a well-equipped gameroom and provides music practice rooms to any on-campus resident (through reservation only). All incoming freshmen Honors students are assigned to Buckley and Shippee Hall. Buckley has a dining hall which allows residents of both Buckley and neighboring Shippee to walk to an eating facility nearby. Bathrooms are communal and shared on each floor.
Shippee Hall is primarily a first-year and second-year area on campus. Students will be assigned to these areas with other first-year students as roommates, or with second year students as roommates who are familiar with these areas and can serve as resources and mentors. Shippee Hall currently has two room types, traditional doubles (which share a common bathroom on the floor) and Shippee "C section" rooms, which are double rooms with private bathrooms and have a different price rate from traditional doubles. All Shippee Hall residents have access to Buckley Hall in order to access to the Honors Program Office, located on the first floor of Buckley Hall.
Buckley and Shippee create one community. The two communities participate in the Honors Olympics in September and the Block Party in April. The majority of residents in this area are in the Honors program and there are a large number of events that take place both in Buckley and Shippee; many of them are honors events. Most residents are happy to be in this community and enjoy the camaraderie between the buildings and the relationships that are built.
Room Features & Hall Amenities
- Buckley has two towers: North Tower (5 floors) and South Tower (6 floors). Shippee has 6 floors
- Room Furnishings: Desk, chair, small dresser (bureau), bed (1 Per Student)
- Beds: XL twin (80" x 36"), loftable (equipment provided in each room)
- Shippee "C section rooms" have a private bathroom and a different room rate than the traditional doubles.
- Laundry: Buckley - Basement, Shippee Basement
- Mailroom: Buckley Hall, Lower Level Elevator Lobby
- Dining: Buckley
- Learning Community: First Year Honors/Honors
- The Honors Program Office is also located in Buckley Hall and many Honors UNIV classes occur in the Buckley Classroom
- Bike room on ground floor of Buckley, games and sports equipment available upon request at the Shippee desk.
- Both Buckley Hall and Shippee Hall have game rooms with a pool table and ping pong table.
- Each floor has study lounges
- Outdoor patio allows students to relax and study outside
- The UConn bus stop is located in front of Shippee Hall and makes it convenient to travel the campus
Buckley/Shippee Area Contacts
Office Location: Shippee Hall – Main Floor
Visit the Operations Center to submit Maintenance Requests/Work Orders
Building Code: BRH
Please note that this is the physical address for the building not the mailing address. For the correct mailing address please visit Student Mail Services