Welcome to Busby Suites
Opened in Fall 2003, Busby Suites is located on the hill behind North Campus. Most rooms in Busby Suites are set up with two large rooms housing three students each, connected by a common bathroom. The residents of the suite are responsible for the cleanliness of the bathroom at all times and must also provide cleaning and toilet supplies, including toilet paper.
A portion of the second floor is reserved for the Transfer Learning Community, where students live in 6-person suites with other transfer students. The Learning Community is approximately 10% of the building population. Additional transfer and campus change students may be placed throughout the building within the other suites to create a mix of continuing UConn students and other transfer students.
Room Features & Hall Amenities
- Single gender suites, co-ed building
- 4 floors
- Room Details:
- Dimensions: 12′ x 16′ (approximately), 9′ ceiling, 8′ x 5′ closet
- Furnishings: Desk, chair, dresser, bed, tiled floors, shower curtains are provided at move-in but maintained by room occupants
- Heating and air conditioning with accessible thermostat
- Beds: XL twin (80′ x 36″), loftable and bunkable
- Laundry: First floor
- Mailroom: Russell Hall (Northwest), Rear of Building
- Dining: McConaughy (North Campus) or Northwest
- Study lounges on each floor
- Recreation: Game room including flat screen TV and DVD player, pool and ping-pong tables, air hockey, and foosball. Board games, sporting equipment and cookware are available for check-out in the Hall Director office.
- Kitchen: Community kitchen with oven/stove on first floor, with vending machines
- The walls of the room are sheetrock, and it is suggested that you hang any posters with push-pin tacks, so as not to damage the paint with tape. Nails and screw holes may incur damage billing.
- The bathroom features separate stalls for shower and toilet, as well as a wide mirror above the vanity sink and a shelf. The bathroom may be locked from the inside only, so think of your suitemates as extended roommates when having discussions regarding rules you’ll want to live by during the year.
- Because the rooms are tripled we suggest bunking one set of beds and lofting the other bed, and storing furniture under it. We also suggest not bringing up couches or futons until you are sure you’ll have room for it. We do not have space to store any room furniture, and all university furniture must remain in the room.
Busby Suites Area Contacts
Office Location: Busby Suites – Main Floor
Visit the Operations Center to submit Maintenance Requests/Work Orders