Welcome to Hilltop Residence Halls
Ellsworth & Hale
Hilltop Halls (HTH) is comprised of about 600 students, including some upper division students and student athletes. Hilltop Halls consists of two identical buildings: Ellsworth and Hale, which offer traditional doubles and singles with community restrooms. Each building has a community kitchen, a TV lounge, an indoor bike rack, a classroom with whiteboards, a laundry center, and lounges on each floor. Hilltop Halls is located mere seconds from the closest dining hall, Putnam Refectory, and two easily accessible game rooms in Werth Tower and Garrigus Suites. The Hall Director office for Hilltop Halls is located in Ellsworth Hall. Ellsworth and Hale are both located in the center of campus, and approximately a 10-minutes from the recreational center, student bookstore, and a plethora of academic buildings. Just outside is a beautiful greenspace, usually blocked off to any traffic, making it an ideal space to study, eat, or just enjoy the outdoors with friends.
If you would like to take an active role in leading the community, the HTH Hall Association always has room for another volunteer to plan large social or philanthropic events!
There are 16 Resident Assistants (RAs) in Hilltop Halls who are led by 1 Residence Hall Director (HD).
Room Features & Hall Amenities
- 2 buildings, 9 floors per building
- Room Furnishings: desk, chair, small bureau (dresser), bed (one per student)
- Room Size:
- Single Room Dimensions: 8' 6" x 12' 6"
- Double Room Dimensions: 15' 6" x 12'
- Beds: Twin XL (80" x 36"), bunkable or loftable
- Hale - Ground Floor
- Ellsworth - Ground Floor
- Mailroom: Putnam Refectory, Main Level
- Dining: Putnam Refectory
- Recreation: sand volleyball, conveniently located next to student athletic facilities, greenspace shared with Werth Tower
- A designated quiet study space for residents, kitchen, and vending machines make Hilltop Halls a convenient place to study and live comfortably
Hilltop Area Contacts
Office Location: Ellsworth Main Floor
Office Location: Hale Main Floor
Visit the Operations Center to submit Maintenance Requests/Work Orders