Welcome to McMahon Hall
Located right near the center of campus, McMahon has two towers, North and South, both of which have co-ed and single sex floors. The layout for each floor that houses students is the same. There are 22 double-occupancy rooms on each floor as well as bathrooms and an elevator lounge that is often used by students to study or socialize.
The North and South towers are connected in the middle on the non-residential ground and Mezzanine (referred to as “M”) levels. On the M level, there is a quiet study lounge and a game room with pool tables, board games, T.V.s, and ping pong. On the ground level, you will find the Hall Director’s Office, laundry rooms, and the McMahon Dining Hall.
McMahon Hall contains a plethora of unique amenities making it a popular location for students to live. McMahon Dining Hall is known for serving international cuisine, and the building also houses the International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) Office and the UConn American English Language Institute (UCAELI) Office. McMahon Hall also hosts the Global House Learning Community and Honors housing; however, there are also floors available to host general residential student housing for any student interested in living in McMahon Hall.
Room Features & Hall Amenities
- Single sex & Co-ed floors
- Two towers, North and South, 7 Floors per tower
- Room Furnishings (1 Per Student): Desk, chair, small dresser (bureau), bed
- Beds: 80" x 36"; bunkable and loftable (homemade lofts not permitted)
- Laundry: North Basement and South Basement
- Mailroom: McMahon, Main Entrance, Lower Level - North side
- Dining: McMahon Dining Hall
- Learning Communities/Honors housing: Global House and Honors housing
- Recreation: Game Room, Easy Access to West Campus Volleyball & Student Recreation Facility
McMahon Area Contacts
Office Location: McMahon Hall – Ground Floor Office
Visit the Operations Center to submit Maintenance Requests/Work Orders