Welcome to McMahon Hall
McMahon has two towers, North and South, both of which have co-ed and single sex floors. Over the last few years, McMahon has had a very diverse mix of students and class standings.
The layout for each floor that houses students, is the same. There are 22 double-occupancy rooms on each floor as well as bathrooms and an elevator lounge that's often used by students to study or socialize.
The Hall Director and Resident Assistant offices are located conveniently on the ground level by the main entrance The Assistant Residence Hall Director's office is located on the M-level. The M-level also houses the International Student and Scholar Services and some UCAELI (UConn American English Language Institute) offices as well as a study lounge, Learning Community lounge, and the game room.
Room Features & Hall Amenities
- Single sex & Co-ed floors
- Two towers, North and South, 7 Floors per tower
- Room Furnishings (1 Per Student): Desk, chair, small dresser (bureau), bed
- Beds: 80" x 36"; bunkable and loftable (homemade lofts not permitted)
- Laundry: North Basement and South Basement
- Mailroom: McMahon, Main Entrance, Lower Level - North side
- Dining: McMahon Dining Hall
- Learning Communities: Global House
- Recreation: Game Room, Easy Access to West Campus Volleyball & Student Recreation Facility
McMahon Area Contacts
Office Location: McMahon Hall – Ground Floor Office
Visit the Operations Center to submit Maintenance Requests/Work Orders