Welcome to North Campus
New Haven, Fairfield, Litchfield, Tolland, Baldwin, McConaughy, Hurley, Middlesex, Windham, New London & Hartford
North Campus is one of the largest residential communities at the University of Connecticut with approximately 1,400 residents in this area. Besides convenience, residential living offers many educational opportunities. Informal educational opportunities are essential aspects of the total university experience and residence halls provide an important setting for this. Residence hall communities teach responsible citizenship and develop personal and social values. North Campus is home to a variety of students from all class years and is a popular location for students who are studying in the STEM fields due to the close proximity may of the science buildings.
North Campus features several study areas and all buildings have at least one lounge. The McConaughy Multipurpose Room, located below the cafeteria, is also available for studying. Please be sure that the room is not reserved for another purpose.
The game room, located in Baldwin Hall, has a pool table, Ping-Pong, board games, foosball, and a large flat screen available. Semester game room hours are posted on the exterior door.
There are 43 Resident Assistants (RAs) in North Campus who are led by 3 Residence Hall Directors (HDs).
Room Features & Hall Amenities
- Co-ed by Building (individual floors are single-sex)
- 11 buildings
- Room Dimensions: 11' x 14' (standard double room)
- Room Furnishings: Desk and chair, small bureau, wardrobe and a bed (1 per student)
- Beds: 80" x 36" (XL twin), loftable and bunkable
- Laundry: McConaughy - 1st Floor (Near Hall Director Office and Multi-Purpose Room)
- Mailroom: Russell Hall (Northwest), Rear of Building
- Dining: North Dining Hall
- Recreation: Game Room (located in Baldwin Hall), Basketball, Tennis, Ball Field, and Volleyball Court
- McConaughy Multi-Purpose Room: large gathering space with 2 flat screen TVs that can accommodate up to 50 people. Please make sure that this space is not reserved for another purpose before making plans.
- Close Proximity to Science Complex, Chemistry Building, Northwest/Towers Dining Halls, and approximately 5 minutes from the Student Union.
North Campus Area Contacts
Office Location: McConaughy Hall – First Floor
Visit the Operations Center to submit Maintenance Requests/Work Orders