Welcome to Northwest Quadrangle
Batterson, Goodyear, Hanks, Rogers, Russell & Terry
The Northwest Quad (NWQ) is located on the north side of campus adjacent to North Eagleville Road and is a short walk to the many of the Science academic buildings and center of campus including the Student Union and the Jorgensen.
The NWQ is primarily comprised of first year students and is a designated first-year area outside of the learning communities. The Northwest Quad houses over 1,000 students and is considered a traditional-style residence community that is focused on supporting students’ personal, interpersonal, and intellectual growth through engaging community opportunities. These communities are designed to help students adjust to college life and transition to community style living.
There are 6 buildings (2 large buildings and 4 small buildings) with 4 floors per building. Each building has elevator access to all floors.
- The smaller buildings: Goodyear, Hanks, Rogers, and Terry, house approximately 130 students each on all four floors. Each small building will also have study lounges and a laundry room on the first floor.
- The larger buildings: Batterson and Russell, house approximately 245 students each on the second, third, and fourth floors. The first floors of each building have study lounges, and a laundry room.
The staff in Northwest Quad is comprised of 24 Resident Assistants and two full time Residence Hall Directors.
Room Features & Hall Amenities
- 6 buildings (2 large buildings and 4 small buildings), 4 Floors per building
- Single-sex and co-ed floors available
- Rooms are double occupancy, with the exception of a few triple occupancy rooms in Batterson and Russell as well as a few singles in Goodyear, Hanks, Rogers, and Terry.
- Room Furnishings: Each student has access to a desk and chair, one small bureau, a built in closet (or wardrobe), and a bed.
- Bed bunking is available in Northwest, however, bed lofting is not permitted/available in Northwest.
- Laundry is located on the first floor of each building
- Mailroom: Russell Hall, separate exterior entrance (not accessible to the residence halls)
- Dining: Northwest Dining Hall, North Dining Hall
- Learning Communities: Nursing (located in Russell Hall), Pharmacy (located in Batterson Hall)
- Recreation: Game Room (Batterson Hall, separate exterior entrance and not accessible from inside the residence halls) and close proximity to basketball courts, tennis courts, ball field, volleyball courts, and the UConn Recreation Center
- The Game Room has lots of space to sit and relax with friends and offers 2 pool tables, ping-pong, board games, foosball, and 2 large flat screen TVs available.
- Game room hours during the academic year are 8:00pm-12:00am, Monday - Friday, and 12:00pm - 12:00am on weekends.
- Hall Director Office (Batterson Hall, Ground Floor--exterior entrance not accessible from inside the residence halls)
- Located in close proximity to UConn bus stops and the North Parking Garage
- Outdoor bicycle racks located at each building are available for resident use
Northwest Area Contacts
Office Location: Batterson Hall – First Floor
Visit the Operations Center to submit Maintenance Requests/Work Orders