Students must submit verification of the meningitis vaccination during their enrollment at the University of Connecticut.
Connecticut State law requires that any college or university student residing in university owned housing be vaccinated against meningitis. Meningitis immunization verification must be listed on your Health History Form.
Summer school students who are part time or non-matriculated do not need to comply with the meningitis vaccination requirements. The intent of the law was to require incoming students who are full time and or matriculated to be vaccinated (similar to the Rubella/Rubeola regulations).
Meningitis Immunizations – Visit www.studenthealth.uconn.edu for the Health History Form or Meningitis Exemption Form
- Students wishing to reside in University owned housing must submit the following prior to moving into the residence halls:
- Verification by a physician of a meningitis vaccination. (Part of the Health History Form)
- Aventis Pasteur has created a Meningococcal Vaccination Provider (MVP) Network to assist you in finding a physician in your area who provides the vaccination. Go to: http://www.voicesofmeningitis.org/
New students received a copy of the Health History Form in their Orientation packet.
Meningitis Vaccination – Visit www.studenthealth.uconn.edu for Complete Information
Student Health and Wellness typically has some meningitis vaccinations available for students who are unable to obtain the vaccination prior to their arrival at UConn.
- New & Returning Students: Visit www.studenthealth.uconn.edu for complete information including cost. You may be required to reserve a vaccination in advance.
- Fee: Fee can be placed on the Student Fee Bill or paid at the time of service.
- What to Bring: UConn Student ID Card; signed consent if under 18 years of age; insurance card.