The Summer Housing Application is available starting on March 1, 2023. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request access.
Summer Undergraduate Housing
Eligibility for Summer Housing
To live on campus, residents must meet one or more of the following:
- Housing Insecurity. This does not include the inability to live somewhere else because you are doing an internship or work on or close to campus.
- Students taking summer courses - this only applies to the dates that you are enrolled in a summer course.
- Student interning on-campus or working on campus.
If you intend to meet one or more of the above criteria, please write in to email@example.com request access to the Summer Housing Application.
Summer Housing at Stamford
Information about summer housing at the Stamford campus will be forthcoming, including room assignment location, accommodations, and rates.
Verification of Eligibility
Summer coursework will be verified though University records.
Staff will reach out to students to provide proof for other reasons.
Summer Housing Accommodations
Summer housing will be in double-occupancy spaces in Werth Tower.
Assignments are based on availability. Residents will be provided with a specific room assignment at check-in.
Health/Medical Accommodations: Residents with a documented health/medical condition or disability which may impact their living environment must contact the Center for Students with Disabilities to register and request a housing accommodation. Current students who already are registered should notify their CSD case manager that they will need a summer housing accommodation.
Summer housing is billed on a flat, weekly rate from Sunday-Saturday.
Fee bills are generated once per month. These billing dates apply to all residents, including those not taking a summer course.
Residents living on-campus for multiple months will be receive multiple bills, as each bill covers about 1 month.
Transitioning from Spring to Summer Housing Assignments
Students approved for a late stay in Spring 2023 who also require summer housing will remain in their Spring assignment for the full Spring term. Directions for their move to Werth Tower for Summer housing will be emailed at a later date.
Summer Residents Transitioning to Fall 2023 Housing
Summer residents who are living on-campus as of August 18 who also have a Fall 2023 on-campus housing assignment will transition to their Fall 2023 assignment the morning of August 18, by 12pm (noon). No exceptions will be made to move on a later date. Details will be sent to eligible students in August.
Summer Residents Not Living On-Campus for Fall 2023
Residents that are not living on campus for Fall 2023 semester will need to move out by Friday August 18, 2023 at 12:00pm (noon).
Planning Check-in and Check-out Dates
As housing is billed as a weekly flat-rate, please include the Sunday you plan to check-in (or the Sunday prior to your check-in, if you plan to arrive mid-week) and the Saturday you plan to check-out (or the following Saturday, if you plan to check-out midweek).
Leaving Summer Housing for at least 1 week and then returning to Summer Housing
If you intend to live on campus for part of the summer, leave for at least 1 week, and then return to summer housing, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To meet the demand of room requests, we cannot guarantee a resident will be reassigned to the same room during each stay. As such, all belongings will need to be removed at each check-out.
Did your plans change after filling out the application?
If your plans change after completing the application, please contact LivingOnCampus@uconn.edu.
Summer 2023 Undergraduate/Graduate Room Rates
|Summer housing is billed by the week, Sunday-Saturday||Werth Tower
Double Central A/C
4 Person - 4 Bedroom Apartment
|$175/week + meal plan||$300/week||$203/week|
Meal Plan Information
- Students living in a dorm/suite are required to purchase a meal plan. There are two meal plan options:
- Meals all 7 days per week: $189/week
- Meals 5 days per week (Monday-Friday only): $135/week
- Summer meal plans include 1 breakfast, 1 lunch, and 1 dinner per day. Unused meals do not rollover to the following day.
- Students enrolled in a summer class may change their meal plan for each term they are enrolled until the third day of classes. After you’ve checked-in, please contact Dining Services at (860) 486-3128 to make changes during this window.
- Students working or interning on campus may change their meal plan up until their third day living on campus. After you’ve check-in, please contact Dining Services at (860) 486-3128 to make changes during this window.
- Students assigned to an apartment will not be assigned a meal plan. However, options are available to purchase through Dining Services.
Graduate Summer Housing
The Summer Housing Application is available in early March. Please complete applications at least 8 days prior to your anticipated check in.
- To live on campus, graduate residents must have been a Spring 2023 graduate student who lived on-campus.
- Graduate students must also meet one of the criteria listed in "Eligibility for Summer Housing" above.
- If you meet one of the above criteria, please write in to email@example.com to request access to the Summer Housing Application
- Summer housing is billed on a flat, weekly rate from Sunday-Saturday.
- Fee bills are generated once per month, generally three days after each summer session begins. These billing dates apply to all residents, including those not taking a summer course.
- Residents living on-campus for multiple months will be receive multiple bills, as each bill covers 1 month.
Summer Assignments and Length of Residency
- Spring 2023 residents who do not have a Fall 2023 housing assignment, can request summer housing through July 1, 2023.
- Assignments are based on availability. Residents will be provided their specific room assignment at check-in.
- Health/Medical Accommodations: Residents with a documented health/medical condition or disability which may impact their living environment must contact the Center for Students with Disabilities to register and request a housing accommodation. Current students who already are registered should notify their CSD case manager that they will need a summer housing accommodation.
Transitioning to Summer Assignment in May
- Graduate residents will transition from their Spring 2023 assignment to their summer assignment during the week of May 8. Information with specific dates and times will be emailed in May.
Graduate Housing Summer Storage
- Residential Life is unable to offer summer storage. We recommend that students look at off-campus storage options.
Did your plans change after filling out the applicaiton
- If your plans change after completing the application, please contact LivingOnCampus@uconn.edu.