Summer 2020 Housing Information
With the announcement that all in-person classes for Summer have been moved to an online format, we will only be providing summer housing to students who are unable to return home or have no other place to live. To access the Summer Housing Application please email email@example.com and include the reason that you need to live on campus over the summer. Staff will review the request and reach out to you with more information within 2 business days.
Eligibility for Summer Housing
- May Term: Only students who are unable to return home are eligible to live on campus.
- Summer Session 1: Only students who are unable to return home are eligible to live on campus.
- Summer Session 2: Only students who are unable to return home are eligible to live on campus.
Staff will contact students who have applied to verify eligibility.
How to Apply for Summer Housing
If you meet the above criteria, please write in to firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to the Summer Housing Application.
Planning Check-in and Check-Out Dates
As housing is billed as a weekly flat-rate, please include the Sunday you plan to check-in (or the Sunday prior to your check-in, if you plan to arrive mid-week) and the Saturday you plan to check-out (or the following Saturday, if you plan to check-out midweek).
If your plans change after completing the application, please contact email@example.com.
Summer Housing Accommodations
- Details about accommodations are being finalized and will be emailed to approved applicants.
- Students living on campus for May Term will remain in their Spring 2020 housing assignments.
- Health/Medical Accommodations: Residents with a documented health/medical condition or disability which may impact their living environment must contact the Center for Students with Disabilities to register and request a housing accommodation. Current students who already are registered should notify their CSD case manager that they will need a summer housing accommodation.
- Summer housing is billed on a flat, weekly rate from Sunday-Saturday.
- Fee bills are generated once per month, generally three days after each summer session begins. These billing dates apply to all residents, including those not taking a summer course.
- Residents living on-campus for multiple months will be receive multiple bills, as each bill covers 1 month.
Summer 2020 Undergraduate/Graduate Room Rates
Undergraduate & Graduate Room and Meal Plan Rates
|Summer housing is billed by the week, Sunday-Saturday||Hilltop or Charter Oak Apartment||Mansfield or Northwood Apartment||All Other Spaces|
|$300/week||$203/week||$175/week + meal plan|
Meal Plan Information
- All residents not residing in an apartment area are required to have one of the two meal plans below:
- Meals all 7 days per week: $171.50/ week
- Meals 5 days per week (Monday-Friday only): $122.50/week
- Summer meal plans include 1 breakfast, 1 lunch, and 1 dinner per day. Unused meals do not rollover to the following day.
- Students enrolled in a summer class may change their meal plan for each term they are enrolled until the third day of classes. After you’ve checked-in, please contact Dining Services at (860) 486-3128 to make changes during this window.
- Students working or interning on campus may change their meal plan up until their third day living on campus. After you’ve check-in, please contact Dining Services at (860) 486-3128 to make changes during this window.
- Students assigned to an apartment will not be assigned a meal plan. However, options are available to purchase through Dining Services.
- Students who have purchased a summer meal plan and cancel it will be charged for the full period of the week that they cancelled.